Pumpkin lasagna is one of my favorite easy pumpkin recipes for fall. This pumpkin lasagna dessert is made up of layers of pumpkin, gingersnaps, and a cream cheese whipped topping. This pumpkin pie dessert lasagna is going to win over a crowd.
I am a pumpkin fan, and I am always looking for easy no-bake desserts. When I want an easy dessert, I reach for a recipe like this. I love those dessert lasagnas that come together fast, and then you just toss in fridge to set up till you are ready.
When to Serve Pumpkin Lasagna
There are so many occasions to serve Pumpkin Lasagna, especially in the fall. Potlucks, holiday gatherings, after school treat and of course a midnight snack are all great options.
This recipe will fit into those slots easily, and be a nice treat for you.
Can I Make This Dessert Lasagna In Advance
Yes. You will want to make this dessert lasagna at least four hours in advance to give it time to set up. You can even make this up to 24 hours in advance. Just wrap tightly and store in the fridge. Then when ready to serve, slice and serve.
When I'm making dessert lasagna in advance, I love to use my baking pan with lid and carrier case. This comes in handy whenever I'm bringing a dessert to a friend's house. It's so much easier to transport than a casserole dish with plastic wrap.
What Is The Crust Made of For This Layered Pumpkin Dessert
I reached for gingersnap cookies. I love the spice flavor next to the creamy pumpkin and whipped cream. Now, if you are not a fan of gingersnaps you can swap with Golden Oreos or graham cracker crumb crust.
For this recipe, you can either leave the cookies whole and line them up on the bottom of the pan, or use a food processor to make crumbs. I've been using my food processor to make a lot of crumb crusts lately and it works like a dream.
If making a crumb crust, add a little bit of melted butter into the crumbs while they are still in the food processor. Mix together until the crumbs stick together. Then pat down in the bottom of your pan.
Can I Use Homemade Pumpkin Puree For This Lasagna
Absolutely. If you make your own pumpkin puree reach for that. If you do use your own pumpkin puree, make sure you strain it really good to get rid of excess liquid. You will want it to be the same consistency as store-bought pumpkin puree.
If you don't want to use homemade pumpkin puree, store-bought canned pumpkin puree works just as good. Just ensure that the can says pumpkin puree, and not pumpkin pie mix. They are two different things.
If you can't find pumpkin puree in your store, or are making this Pumpkin Lasagna out of the traditional pumpkin season, you can find pumpkin puree on Thrive Market. They have a ton of great organic products, including affordable organic pumpkin puree.
Can I Use Pumpkin Pie Spice In Place of Spices In Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
Yes. The spices I use in the recipe are similar to a store-bought pumpkin pie spice. If you want to, you can simply reach for a bottle of pumpkin pie spice. Then, use that in place of all the other spices in the recipe. 1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice mix will work.
How Do You Make Homemade Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna
It will take about 15 minutes from start to finish to make Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna.
First, you want to work on whipping up your whipped topping. You will mix your cream cheese with powdered sugar, and heavy cream and blend. Once it is nice and thick, set aside.
Then in another bowl add your vanilla pudding mix, milk, pumpkin and spices. Blend until all mixed through.
Then, you will start to layer your dessert. Start with gingersnaps on the bottom, and then pumpkin mixture, and whipped topping mix. All the instructions are in the recipe at the bottom of the post, to walk you through each step fully.
Craving More Pumpkin Recipes
- Over 25 Pumpkin Recipes | Are you a pumpkin fan? This collection of pumpkin recipes has it all: pumpkin desserts, pumpkin soup, pumpkin breakfast recipes, pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin breads and more.
- Pumpkin Poke Cake | This poke cake is rich, creamy, moist and decadent. So easy to make but no one has to know it was simple to whip up.
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes | Paleo pumpkin spice pancakes that are fantastic for whipping up for your breakfast. Drizzle on some syrup and a slab of butter and dive in.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies | If you have never had a whoopie pie you have to try this recipe. A moist whoopie pie that is filled with cream. Each bite is finger-licking good.
- Dessert Pumpkin Hummus | This dessert hummus is incredible. I love pairing it with pita chips, graham crackers, and so much more. It is a great recipe to whip up for family gatherings.
How Long Will Pumpkin Dessert Lasaga Last In Fridge
You can expect your lasagna to last up to 4-5 days in a covered baking dish. With each day you might find the lasagna layers to separate a little bit.
It is best to be eaten within the first three days of making it. Use your best judgment in terms of if the dessert has gone bad.
How Do You Top Dessert Lasagna
- A drizzle of caramel sauce
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Pecans or even slivered almonds
- Curls or shavings of white chocolate or chocolate chips
- Dusting of cocoa
- Cream cheese frosting is an option or you can use the whipped topping in the recipe
You can leave the top of your dessert lasagna plain or dress up with one of these toppings. Or if you think up something else, go for it. Then scoop and serve!
Do I Need A Stand Mixer To Make This Dessert Lasagna
No, you don't. If you don't have a hand mixer or even stand mixer, reach for a whisk and a medium bowl. It will take more time to whip up the whipped topping layer, but it can be done without a mixer.
Supplies & Tools to Use When Making Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna
- Stand Mixer or Hand-held Mixer- This makes it SO much faster to whip the topping. Like I said above, it can be done without a mixer, but make sure you have a strong arm and patience. I have a KitchenAid Pro Mixer that I've had for 12+ years and love it!
9x13 Pan with Lid and Carrier- Having a pan with lid and carrier makes it easier for storage. No more having to deal with plastic wrap that gets messy and twisted up.
Food Processor- For this recipe, you can keep the gingersnaps whole for the bottom layer, or you can use a food processor to make crumbs. Either way is delicious. I use my food processor to make crust for dessert lasagnas and cheesecakes.
Cake Server- A good cake server makes a world of difference. It makes it so much easier to lift the dessert lasagna out of the pan in nice and even slices.
More Dessert Lasagna Recipes You Will Want to Try
- Red, White and Blue Dessert Lasagna- This colorful dessert is perfect for any time you want to showcase those red, white and blue colors. It is perfect for 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day desserts.
- Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake- If the flavor of caramel latte is something you love, this is the dessert for you.
- Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert Lasagna- This dessert lasagna is my all-time favorite. It reminds me of tiramisu, with distinct differences.
- Very Berry Lasagna- Berry lovers will fall head over heals for this delicious and colorful dessert.
Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese in the mixer until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and heavy cream and mix until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the packs of vanilla pudding with milk, pumpkin, and spices.
- To construct the dessert lasagna, start with a layer of gingersnaps on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Add a layer of cheesecake filling on top of that, using half of the cheesecake mixture.
- Top the cheesecake layer with half of the pumpkin/pudding mixture, and then top that with another layer of gingersnaps.
- Complete the layering with the second layer of both the cheesecake layer and the pumpkin pudding layer.
- Decorate the top of the dessert with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of pecan pieces.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.