Slow Cooker Pinto Beans are a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make addition to any meal! You can add them to soups, casseroles, burritos, tacos, salads.
This recipe makes a great, versatile batch of tasty pinto beans that you and your family can enjoy in so many different ways. These pinto beans are full of flavor, thanks to being seasoned with these ingredients:
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
And because this recipe gives you a nice big batch, it is a perfect meal prep solution. You can easily cook up these Slow Cooker Pinto Beans on Sunday and use them in all sorts of dishes all week long.
What’s To Love About Slow Cooker Pinto Beans?
- Well, to begin with, pinto beans are good for you! Sometimes beans (along with potatoes, but that’s a topic for another day) tend to get a bad rap as being fattening or unhealthy. However, if made with a recipe such as this one, one serving is actually low in fat (1g); high in protein (15g); and packed with 15g of fiber to fill you up. They also are a great source of potassium. So if you are a runner, an athlete or just an extremely active person, you will be excited to know that pinto beans contain 45g of carbohydrates to keep you moving.
- They are versatile! And as mentioned above, you can add these Slow Cooker Pinto Beans to burritos, tacos, salads. Or use them in this delectable Pork Enchilada Casserole. Or, serve as a tasty side dish with this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Have some fun getting creative and coming up with other delicious ways to work these amazing beans into your meal plan.
- As if healthy, delicious and versatile wasn’t enough to sell you on Slow Cooker Pinto Beans, they are also super economical. This recipe a great, cost-effective way to feed the family.
- Not only that, but these slow cooker pinto beans are really easy to cook. Plus, they require almost no prep work! Throw a few ingredients in your slow cooker, turn it on low for 8 hours. You will come home after a long day to a great smelling house and delicious pinto beans waiting for you.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pinto Beans Step By Step
Step #1: Rinse and sort the pinto beans. Place them in a large pan, cover beans in water and then soak them overnight.
Step #2: Drain the beans and transfer them to the slow cooker.
Step #3: Next, add the remaining ingredients and then cook on low for 8 hours.
Step #4: Serve topped with diced tomato, avocado and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
More Bean Dishes Like Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
- 16 ounces dry pinto beans
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse and sort beans. In a large pan, cover beans in water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.