Spring has sprung! Learn how to make bright and colorful Spring Cookies in this post to celebrate the changing of the seasons. Spring Cookies make great Easter cookies too!
These pretty cookies are so special they have three names:
- Spring Cookies
- Easter Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Confetti Cookies
That’s because you can serve them:
- To celebrate spring
- To celebrate Easter
- To celebrate any time you want a really good cookie (which is, let’s face it, every time you eat a cookie)
Spring Cookies (my preferred name because it’s been a rough winter and I really want to celebrate spring!) are perfectly sweet sugar cookies loaded with white chocolate chips and white chocolate M&Ms and then sprinkled with pretty pastel sprinkles.
Spring Cookies make a wonderful addition to your Easter dessert tray, your it’s-Saturday-and-I-want-cookies tray, or any kind of gathering that takes place in the springtime.
Ingredients in Spring Cookies
Most of the ingredients in Spring Cookies are pantry staples, but you’ll also need to make sure you have the following:
- White chocolate M&Ms (around Easter, these are sold in pastel colors; if you need them outside of the Easter season, you might have to go for non-pastels)
- White chocolate chips
- Pastel sprinkles (again, usually easiest to find around Easter)
How to Make Spring Cookies / Easter Cookies Step by Step
It doesn’t get much easier than this! Start by preheating your oven (step #1) and placing a Silpat baking mat on a cookie sheet (if you don’t have one, lightly grease the cookie sheet) (step #2).
Step #3: Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
Step #4: Then blend the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Step #5: Next, add the eggs one at a time. Mix well each time you add an egg.
Step #6: Gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl in thirds while mixing well with a hand mixer. Your batter will look like this when it’s ready.
Step #7: Then hand-mix the M&Ms and white chocolate chips. Resist the urge to eat the Spring Cookies batter!
Step #8: Place the batter in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Step #9: Take the refrigerated batter and roll into 1” balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
Step #10: Bake in preheated oven for four minutes. Remove them from the oven and add sprinkles, then return them to the oven. Bake for an additional five minutes until the edges are golden.
Let cool and then enjoy your Spring Cookies!
If you visit this post around Easter, try a few of these Easter ideas this holiday:
- Creative Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
- Planning Your Easter Menu? Start Here!
- Learn How to Make Leaf Print Easter Eggs
Oh, and if you like white chocolate, you should definitely check out the Best White Chocolate Rum Ganache Recipe.
Happy Spring and Happy Easter!
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 of a bag of white chocolate M&M's
- 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles in pastel colors
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a Silpat baking mat on a cookie sheet, or lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Blend butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time. Mix well each time you add an egg.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl in thirds while mixing well with a hand mixer.
- When the batter has been mixed well, incorporate the M&Ms and white chocolate chips by hand stirring.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take the refrigerated batter and roll into 1” balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for four minutes. Remove them from the oven and add sprinkles, then return them to the oven. Bake for an additional five minutes until the edges are golden.
- Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe - 2019/05/13
- Animal Faces Toast Treats – Animal Toast is Fun for All Ages - 2019/05/09
- Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe Video - 2019/04/25