Need a quick and refreshing side dish to add a pop of color and fresh flavor to your dinner table? Look no further than this super quick and easy Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette.
And not only does it make a stunning presentation, it comes together in just 15 minutes. Strawberry Fennel Salad is an ideal dish for serving up on special occasions and busy weeknight meals alike.
What is Fennel?
Fennel is a plant with white bulb, green stalks, yellow flowers and feathery fronds (leaves) that look similar to leafy green carrot tops. Fennel has a sweet licorice-like scent and flavor that is similar to anise.
And while the entire plant is edible, the bulb is the most commonly used part. Thinly sliced raw fennel bulb adds a fresh, bright spring-like quality to salads, slaws and pastas. Fennel bulb can also be roasted or grilled, and it is also added to soups and stews.
Why You Will Love Strawberry Fennel Salad
This Strawberry Fennel Salad is a deliciously fresh combination of textures, colors and flavors.
The fennel offers a satisfying crunch, while the juicy, sweet strawberries balance out the natural saltiness of the Feta cheese.
Healthy, hearty and super easy, this is the salad you will be making all summer long!
How To Make Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- First, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, rice wine vinegar, dijon mustard and seasoning in a bowl.
- Taste and then adjust seasonings as needed. Then transfer the vinaigrette to a serving container and set it aside.
- Next arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve by setting out the platter, salad plates, forks and the container of vinaigrette. Enjoy!
More Delectable Salad Recipes
If you love this Strawberry Fennel Salad, then you’ll want to check out these other refreshing and flavorful salad recipes:
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- 2 cups baby spinach rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups baby arugula rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- Sprigs of fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Prepare dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and the dressing on the side.