It's inevitable. Recipes like our Easy Cheese Lasagna are meant to be enjoyed.
After gorging on food over the holidays or diving into barbecue food during the summer, we ultimately find ourselves going back to low-fat meal ideas.
We can search until we're blue in the face for the perfect recipe in about a gazillion low-calorie cookbooks.
And we do. Then we look online. We ask around.
Thank goodness we have a plethora of fantastic foodie choices- perfect for those who count Weight Watchers points, and those who just want to watch their waste line.
This cheesy Weight Watchers lasagna recipe is perfect all-around. And yes, it's low on calories...which is amazing considering it is lasagna. Because that seems like it should be an oxymoron.
There is something about eating a meal guilt-free that is beyond amazing. We can feel good about what we eat, AND enjoy each and every bite. Savoring the flavor is what it's all about.
- This Weight Watcher friendly Slow Cook Yourself Slim Ultimate Ebook is an amazing source for recipes that will keep you on your diet plan.
- If you're looking for a way to stay motivated on a time-schedule, this 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge will help you out.
- These customized meal plans from Meal Plan Magic help you work on your nutritional goals.
- Or, if you're on a low-carb diet, these Low-Carb Meal Plans are pretty impressive, and this custom Keto Diet Meal Plan is another that we love.
Yes, you can eat salad for days.
That's healthy and delicious. In fact, eating vegetables is one of the essential ingredients to trimming down your weight and/or maintaining your weight. It's so important for digestion as well.
So, while you enjoy this extra tasty Cheese Lasagna, you might think about pairing it up with a flavorful Italian Chopped Salad. Make a low-fat dressing and you're golden.
What is your favorite Weight Watchers recipe? We always LOVE finding new food to try.
Weight Watchers Easy Cheese Lasagna
- 1 jar 28 ounce spaghetti sauce (lower-calorie with no added sugar)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 15 ounce container of fat free ricotta cheese or fat free cottage cheese
- 1-2 cups chopped raw vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini
- 8 ounces shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 375. Spray an 11x7 dish with cooking spray.
- Spread ⅓ of the sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange 3 noodles in a single layer over the sauce.
- Top with another ⅓ of the sauce, all of the ricotta cheese, the vegetables, and ½ of the mozzarella cheese.
- Lay the next 3 noodles on top. Spread the remaining sauce over the noodles.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake about 1 hour or until noodles are tender.
- Take the foil off. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- 6 servings, 6 POINTS each