Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch Recipe

Ready to get your drink on?  I’m not a huge mixed drink person, but when we have people over I tend to mix up a batch (or two or three) of margaritas or some other fruity concoction for the ladies.  The guys normally tend to stick to beer, and that is fine by me because it means more girlie drinks for me and my gal pals!

In honor of the ‘End of Summer Girls’ Night’ we had last week, I created a sweet and tasty Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch.  Which I tested out a little bit while I was cooking up some great food.  I’m not going to lie.

I struggled between pairing up our Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch with either one our amazing indoor shrimp boils or grilling out.  I make a mean grilled chicken and even better perfectly grilled ribs,  so it was a tough decision.  And if you’re thinking these are great ideas to keep on hand strictly for the summer- think again.  I’ve seen many a people up here in Wisconsin grilling out in the dead of winter, and I’m thinking about joining them!

Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch

Don’t be fooled by the lack of high octane rum flavor, because this punch has a kick.  And, if you’re like my friends and decide to dump out all the fruit once you get to the end of the pitcher (or bowl) just to sample the rum strawberries… well, watch out!  You’ll definitely get your drink on.

strawberry limeade rum punch

This is a super simple drink to throw together and can even be tossed together at the last minute if you happen to have the ingredients on hand.  All you need: Rum, frozen limeade concentrate, frozen Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri concentrate, ginger ale, and some limes, strawberries, and lemons to make it all look pretty.  And the fruit really does add some flavor, so don’t skip that step unless it is a drink emergency.

Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch Recipe

Because really, fruit is an essential part of fruity drinks, you know?  And if you’ve ever thrown berries into a glass of wine (making it a delightful sangria-flavored surprise), you know what I’m talking about.  Berries make everything better.  Okay… maybe not everything, but they definitely work in this drink.

Ready for the recipe?  You’ve got it below!  Now… go have fun and drink responsibly.

strawberry limeade rum punch

5.0 from 4 reviews

Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch Recipe
Author:
Recipe type: Drinks

Alcoholic beverage.
Ingredients
  • 2 liter ginger ale
  • 12 ounces frozen limeade
  • 10 ounces frozen Bacardi strawberry Daiquiri (freezer section)
  • 2½ cups rum
  • lemon, lime and strawberries (Sliced. I used 1 lemon, 2 limes and most of a carton of strawberries… you could also use frozen berries)
Instructions
  1. Thaw frozen concentrates and then mix all ingredients together in a punch bowl or other beverage dispenser. Add ice and serve.

Make your party menu a success with these recipes:

Jessica McCoy

Jessica McCoy

Publisher, Editor and Author at All She Cooks
Jessica McCoy is the publisher and primary editor behind All She Cooks. She enjoys recipe development, food photography, as well as food and travel writing. You can find Jessica on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google +.
Jessica McCoy
Jessica McCoy

Comments

1. Deidre~ says

OK you had me at “RUM” lol no really this looks Yummy and it has all my favorites:) Great job.

2. says

Well, I think you just created summer in a glass! What a fun and pretty cocktail!! Recipe is pinned to our Wake up Wednesdays board. (And I hope to make it this weekend as my girly football watching cocktail!)
    Meghan recently posted…Wake Up Wednesdays #4My Profile

3. tovie says

This was to die for!! Made it for Christmas dinner. We did 2 versions, one without the rum for the kids (used water instead), and everybody loved it. Thank you!!

4. Amber says

Hello? I don’t have any regular rum on hand, only cocoanut rum. Would that tats ok or should I pick some regular rum up at the store? Thanks!

Amber

• says

Hi Amber, I have not tried it with coconut rum, but with it being such a fruity tropical type drink, I think that coconut rum would go really nicely. The end flavor will of course be a bit different than the drink I made, but I think it would still be really good. You can always add more of this or that a little at a time and taste as you go to make it just right. Just don’t get carried away before the party gets started. ;) Have fun and enjoy!

5. Cathy says

Thanks for sharing at the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! Pinning to the party board and can’t wait to see what happiness posts you share next week! Have a terrific week!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com

6. Aja says

This looks really good! I have a birthday party coming up and I’m looking for a batch of something easy to make so everyone will have something to drink on. How much would you say it makes?

• says

Hi Aja- It is probably about 2 1/2 liters. You could easily double it depending on number of guests. This amount worked perfectly for my group of 5 women to over-indulge a bit. ;)

7. says

Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays last week. As one of the co-hosts, I will be featuring your recipe on Tasty Tuesdays tomorrow on my site, Detours in Life. Congrats!
    Alecia recently posted…Harvard BeetsMy Profile

8. Allison says

Hi, this looks delish. Could you substitute the limeade with lemonade, have you ever tried that? (Having a hard time finding the frozen limeade).