Patriotic Desserts are Classic
You see them all over Pinterest. Patriotic snack and desserts that are revved up and raring to go for whichever fun patriotic holiday that is coming up next. And whether you make these fabulous Patriotic Pretzel Rods for the 4th of July, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, or when Memorial Day comes around again–we’re pretty sure this colorful snack will quickly become one of your favorites.
Some of our other favorite recipes to serve up at festive gatherings:
- Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch – a fan favorite
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberries
- Sinfully Delicious Berry Parfaits – just make a switch to strawberry and blueberries to make this an ultra patriotic dish
- Blueberry French Toast – add some strawberries and whipped cream and you have a revolutionary good breakfast
Making Candy Coated Pretzels is Easy Breezy
On any given day, you’ll find me in the kitchen creating tasty treats for my kids to test out, like these fun Candy Coated Pretzel Sticks. The ultimate goal is providing them with something they will love, with a side benefit of being able to post the test results on my blog and pin it. You know… the life of a food blogger.
My son walked into the kitchen a couple times last night while I was making these easy chocolate covered pretzels and said nothing at all… no comments, nothing. I asked him why and he just said, ‘Well, I’m kinda used to you making all of these different things now. I love it.’
I love it, but it’s become normal. I guess I will need to come up with something monumentally extraordinary to catch his attention in the kitchen next time.
Candy Coated Pretzel Sticks
These Candied Pretzel Sticks are so simple to make and not time consuming in the least. They were a quick alternative to the Rice Krispie Pops my daughter requested that I make for her class on short notice.
If you can heat candy melts and dip pretzels, you can handle this tasty and visually pleasing treat. Pop one or two in a treat bag and twist and you’ve got a gourmet goodie to send to school with your child. Delicious and cute!
Ready to make some easy chocolate covered pretzels?
Here’s the recipe:Print
Candied Pretzel Sticks
- 16 oz bag pretzel rods
- 12 oz bag Wilton sandy melts (1 each: red, white, blue)
- White star sprinkles
- Line counter or baking trays with wax paper. Melt candy according to package directions. Use a tall microwavable glass or jar to get maximum coverage for the pretzel rod. Dip pretzel rod into white melted candy and pull out of glass slowly while lightly tapping some of the melted candy off of the pretzel. Alternatively you can twist the pretzel against the side of the glass while you are pulling it out to reduce the amount of candy on each pretzel.
- Let set until white candy has solidified and then dip top in blue. Add red candy stripes.
- Sprinkle blue pretzel tips with star sprinkles while the candy is still wet.
Wondering where to buy candy coating? Click any of the links below to take you to the ingredient you need on Amazon.
- Pretzel Treat Bags
- Red Wilton Candy Melts
- Red Wilton Candy Coating Melts
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- White Wilton Candy Melts
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Donuts – A Perfect Breakfast Treat - 2018/04/18
- Easy Raspberry Tarts - 2018/04/17
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding Recipe - 2018/04/16