Fall flavors are here.
This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is perfect for cooler days and will warm that chill right up–which is exactly what you want when you’re chowing down on a bowl of soup that’s been simmered to perfection.
If you love Panera Chicken Wild Rice Soup recipe, you will love this recipe just as much!
Copycat Restaurant Recipes
In case you haven’t noticed, we love all sorts of copycat recipes around here. And we’re always adding more:
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Copycat Bloomin Onion Appetizer Recipe
- Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
- Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Copycat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread Recipe
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
And that’s just a few of the copycat recipes we have on All She Cooks. For the complete list, you’ll want to bookmark our Copycat Recipes page.
One of the things that we absolutely L.O.V.E. about this soup is that it is SO easy to switch out the chicken for turkey. And you know what that means?
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Variations
Yes–leftover turkey has found a new home. Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup is just as delicious as its chicken counterpart.
If you’re looking for great recipes to have on hand to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or other holiday meals, you’ll definitely want to switch things up this year and serve up this Turkey Wild Rice Soup recipe. Just sub the chicken for turkey and your golden.
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- Combine the broth, water, and rice in a large soup pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Saute onions and carrots in butter or margarine in a medium saucepan, over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly and thick. Stir in cream. Cook for 6 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly. Stir into broth.
- Add cubed chicken and pimientos. Heat through.