Fall flavors are here! This Copycat Panera Chicken and Wild Rice Soup tastes just like the restaurant version - but it's easy to make at home. Tender bites of chicken are simmered in a creamy broth with wild rice and of fresh veggies like celery, carrots, and onions.
In this Article:
There's nothing I love more than a big bowl of warm soup on a cool Fall evening. And Panera's Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup has always been a favorite in my family. So it's only fair that I created a homemade version!
This is not my first attempt at recreating my favorite restaurant recipes. In fact, I have a whole collection of copycat Panera recipes on the blog. But has become one of my most popular.
This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is:
- Just like your favorite Panera version!
- Perfect for Fall and Winter dinners.
- Easy to make in under an hour.
- Creamy, savory, and packed with flavor.
- Delicious comfort food.
And if you love the idea of recreating restaurant recipes at home, check out the rest of our copycat recipes here.
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
Try it with turkey. Yes - leftover turkey has found a new home. Just sub the turkey for chicken in this creamy soup. It's equally delicious!
Swap the broth. I used a chicken stock for this soup, which is what they use at Panera. But you can also use vegetable broth if you prefer.
Add some herbs. For an extra dose of flavor, try adding some of your own favorite fresh herbs. Just stir in at the end or use as a garnish. Basil and parsley are great additions.
Storing the soup. You can store the soup for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or 1-2 months in the freezer. Reheat on the stovetop until warmed through.
Serving Ideas. Serve this soup up with homemade bread, like this rosemary bread or a fancy sandwich like this Croque Madame.
More Tasty Recipes
If you love this soup, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- 55+ Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Make at Home
- 15+ Copycat Soup Recipes from Your Favorite Restaurants
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles
Copycat Panera Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup wild rice
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ½ cup carrots peeled and chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken cubed, pre-cooked
- 4 oz pimento peppers jarred, sliced, drained
- Combine the broth, water, and rice in a large soup pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Saute onions and carrots in butter or margarine in a medium saucepan, over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly and thick. Stir in cream. Cook for 6 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly. Stir into broth.
- Add cubed chicken and pimientos. Heat through.
Leave a Comment