How to Make Homemade Biscuits (Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits to be Exact)
One of the first recipes I remember making when I was young were buttermilk biscuits.
I’d load them up with strawberry jam and snack, snack, snack. In fact, thinking about them now makes my stomach rumble–and makes me think I should make those comforting buttermilk biscuits tomorrow.
However, it’s these Cheesy Garlic Biscuits, a Copycat Red Lobster biscuit recipe, that have captivated my daughter’s foodie love. She’s even stopped me at the store begging me to buy a box of Red Lobster Biscuits Mix. No lie.
That’s one way to make these tasty treats. Or, you could simply make this easy copycat recipe.
You’ll get more biscuits out of it and the satisfaction of knowing each and every ingredient that is put into your food.
I’m all about bread recipes. And making homemade bread is the best.
Think about it…when you bake bread, you get to bask in an awesome aroma that just kind of hangs in the air, waiting to be captured.
And then there is the end product, which you get to slather with butter and nibble to your heart’s content.
Yes, baking homemade bread is all kinds of right.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups packaged baking mix
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 3/4 cup whole milk cold
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- To brush on top-
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine baking mix and cold butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Make sure not to mix it too thoroughly, allowing for small chunks of butter to remain in mixture.
- With your hands, mix in cheese, milk and garlic powder, until just combined.
- Drop portions onto an ungreased baking sheet, using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven after they finish baking.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, parsley and salt in a small bowl.
- Using a kitchen brush, smear all of the garlic butter on top of the biscuits.