These easy homemade drop biscuits are simple to throw together with just a few ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
Whipping up homemade biscuits with all purpose flour is a breeze. In my house, we almost always have flour in the pantry. Flour is a staple ingredient in so many recipes that it's difficult not to take it for granted.
Make Homemade Drop Biscuits Like a Pro
There's a reason I love recipes like these drop biscuits. Made from just a few simple ingredients that are sure to be staples in your pantry already, this down -home biscuit recipe is easy to throw together in a pinch.
Since drop biscuits don't require rolling out dough, biscuits can be ready in no time, which is perfect when you're trying to get breakfast or dinner on the table in a hurry.
How to Serve Biscuits
There are so many delicious ways to serve up a plate of these homemade drop biscuits.
For the simplest option, you can just serve them up with a bit of butter. Add your favorite jam or a drizzle of honey for some extra flavor.
Of course, you can go full Southern and serve them alongside a pan of this homemade sausage gravy.
And they would be totally delicious with a spoonful of these pear preserves. Yum!
If you love these homemade drop biscuits, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
- Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
- Easy Biscuit Donuts
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- Southern Mashed Potatoes
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Using a fork, cut in the butter until well incorporated with flour.
- Add milk and stir together a few times until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet or muffin pan.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!