Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake is an incredible treat. You have a super moist pound cake recipe, that has a nice hint of almond flavor in every bite. This cream cheese pound cake is one of a kind.
8 ingredients are all you need for this easy pound cake recipe. The cream cheese adds such richness to the cake, that really elevates the flavor.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
What Makes This Pound Cake Recipe The Best
- Simple pantry ingredients
- Easy to whip up
- Moist and buttery
- The almond extract offers a unique flavor
- Stunning presentation in the bundt cake pan
- Tang from the cream cheese that elevates the flavor
Do I Need Cake Flour For Pound Cake
Yes, you will want to use cake flour for this recipe. The reason being is cake flour is a lot lighter than all-purpose flour. If you were to use an all-purpose flour you will find your cake becomes rather dense.
You will want to sift the cake flour to help lighten it up even more. The key is to not overmix your pound cake as well. Just it is best to mix by hand instead of a stand mixer or hand mixer.
How To Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
The first step is to preheat the oven and spray the pan generously. Then start by mixing your butter and sugar together, you want to whip it good. Then add in your extracts, and cream cheese.
The key is to add in eggs one at a time and then incorporate your cake flour. Pour into pan and bake for an hour and a half and until the cake is cooked through.
How To Know When Pound Cake Is Cooked
You will want to take a toothpick and stick it in the thickest part of the pound cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you will find that the cake is done.
Generally, a pound cake has to cook a minimum of an hour, but if you are curious if it is done early, then go ahead and test. You don’t want your cream cheese pound cake to overbake.
How To Serve Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Fresh Berries | Slice up and wash fresh fruit and add it on the side or top to decorate your cake.
- Pie Filling | Whether you make homemade pie filling or store bought it is great. Cherry, apple, mixed berry, etc.
- Lemon Curd | Lemon curd and fresh blueberries is a great spring and summer blend that really adds incredible flavor to your cake.
- Whipped Cream | Add a dollop of whipped cream and dive in! This is one of my favorite toppings.
- Ice Cream | Add a side of ice cream next to your slice of pound cake. A vanilla bean is a great pairing.
Looking For More Easy Cake Recipes
- Strawberry Poke Cake | If you love a good poke cake, give this strawberry cake a try. Fresh strawberries top it with a whipped cream and more.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake | This is a copycat Cheesecake Factory recipe that will give you that velvety texture and incredible flavor.
- Apple Butter Coffee Cake | This is one of my favorite coffee cake recipes. Here is a moist and flavorful cake that is a perfect dessert anytime of the year.
- Instant Pot Applesauce Cake | If you’re looking for an Instant Pot dessert recipe that’s not a cheesecake, this is a great place to start.
- The Best Carrot Cake | Melt in your mouth carrot cake is SO delicious. This is one you’ll want to make again and again.
How To Store Cream Cheese Pound Cake
You will want to store your cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This cake will store in the fridge for 4-7 days.
Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Pound cake freezes beautifully. Allow your cake to fully cool and then wrap in plastic wrap tightly. Then place in a freezer bag or airtight container and store for up to three months.
To thaw unwrap the cake and then allow it to thaw at room temperature before you serve. Or you can place the cake in the fridge overnight to thaw.
This is an easy pound cake that is so easy to make. Whip this up for an afternoon treat, holiday party, birthday party, and more. This cake is great for any occasion.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, salted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan or tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream the butter and the cream cheese with sugar.
- Mix in the salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Add in the eggs, one at a time while mixing.
- Sift in the cake flour and mix or stir to incorporate the batter, while not over-mixing.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, and then remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes before inverting the pan and removing the cake to a cake plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Smart Baker 8 inch Square Perfect Parchment Paper - 24 Pack Pre-Cut Parchment Sheets for Cake Pans.
- 12 Color Cake Food Coloring Liqua-Gel Decorating Baking Set - U.S. Cake Supply .75 fl. Oz. (20ml) Bottles Primary Popular Colors
- 3 Tier Server Stand with Trays & Bowls - Tiered Serving Platter - Perfect for Cake, Dessert, Shrimp, Appetizers & More
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 173mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 78g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 51g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g