This IS the Best Chili Recipe Worldwide
Wondering where to find the best chili recipe worldwide? We think we’ve got it right here.
Sure, you likely think the chili you grew up with is the best chili in the world–and rightly so. We’ve certainly tried our fair share of chili here–from Kielbasa Chili, to Baked Potatoes with Chili, to a downhome Game Day Chili. We even have our own DIY Chili Seasoning we like to use in everything from dips to quesadillas to pinwheels.
But once you’ve tried this superior meaty twist on chili, you’ll be rethinking what you thought you knew about being a chili connoisseur.
Whether you cook this up on the stove top or use the best slow cooker for chili–if you’re a carnivore, you’ll heartily approve of this meaty concoction.
This is seriously one of the best chili recipes I have tried, and I have tried a LOT of chili recipes.
You could enter a chili cook-off with this chili recipe because it seriously could be a best chili recipe award winning pot of gold. Or blue ribbon chili.Print
Texas Chili – Best Chili Recipe Worldwide
- Category: Main
- 4 bacon slices in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 pound pork shoulder coarse grind
- 1 pound beef round,1/2 strips
- 1/2 pound beef chuck, coarse grind
- 4 cans green chilies
- 1 tablespoon red chili peppers, hot, ground
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces pinto beans
- Fry bacon in a large pot over medium heat until mostly crisp. Remove bacon from pot and set aside on paper towel to drain and save for using later in the recipe.
- Add onions and garlic to the bacon grease and cook while stirring occasionally until translucent. Add pork and beef to the onions and garlic. Stir over medium-high heat, breaking apart with a wooden spoon as you stir. Cook until meat has browned.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients with the exception of beans and bacon.
- Bring chili to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer uncovered, for 2 hours, while stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add additional seasonings to liking if necessary.
- Finally, add the beans and reserved bacon, stirring to incorporate throughout chili.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes and then serve.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21