This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourMiracles #CollectiveBias #MiraclesFromHeaven
Best Pasta Meat Sauce Recipe
Family dinners are the best, and for so many reason. It’s a wonderful time to connect with loved ones over food. And if your family is anything like ours is, you all love good food. Especially the best Pasta Meat Sauce recipe.
Another way to connect with family is through cooking. If you grew up cooking in the kitchen with your mom or dad, then you know exactly what we’re talking about here.
Not only do kids pick up useful lessons on how to cook from parents, but it also gives them the perfect opportunity to unburden themselves with anything that they might want to get off their chest. Time in the kitchen = time to open up.
Or talk about movies.
As in, have you seen Miracles From Heaven? If you haven’t seen it yet, this movie is enthralling, hopeful and full of love, faith and spirit. You truly will be moved.
We just bought the movie on Blu-Ray at Walmart so we could enjoy a movie night with our favorite pasta. The Beam family is so inspiring and Miracles from Heaven is such a great family movie.
When you buy Miracles From Heaven DVD, $1 of your purchase will be donated to the Children’s Miracle Network. It’s now available on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital.
Let’s get cooking!
One of my favorite meals growing up was spaghetti. My mom would always make it with a super delicious meat sauce that would be bubbling away on the stove leaving a tasty aroma to waft around the house.
If you were the least bit hungry, it would result in hunger pains and stomach growls. Because face it, when there is a fragrant spaghetti sauce flavor in the air–well, that begs to be eaten right away.
Spaghetti is one of the first recipes that I remember cooking with my mom. Granted, I’ve added diced tomatoes to my sauce whereas her sauce always was smooth instead of chunky. But, the basis for the sauce is still there.
And bonding over cooking in the kitchen, well–that’s a tradition that has been passed on to me and my daughter. It’s one I enjoy immensely.
It’s super easy to mix this sauce up.
- Brown the Italian sausage and onion
- Add in all the tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Let sauce simmer for 30 minutes
- Add in seasonings
- Simmer for additional 10 minutes and serve over favorite pasta
Best Chunky Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon jarred garlic or 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown Italian sausage in large skillet. Add all tomato ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes or more. Add seasonings and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Herbed Cheese and Mushroom Bruschetta - 2017/06/23
- Best Mustard Pork Loin and Tasty Thyme-Roasted Carrots - 2017/06/23
- Colorful Rosemary Roasted Potatoes Recipe - 2017/06/21