Seafood lovers will fall in love with this easy Lobster Alfredo recipe. It's loaded with tender lobster, parmesan cheese, and creamy fettuccine alfredo. It requires just 7 ingredients and is ready to eat in no time!
If you have love the famous Red Lobster Crab alfredo, you'll love this lobster centric variation. Just swap the crab for lobster (a big upgrade) and you have a brand new dish that rivals any restaurant creation!
This Lobster Alfredo recipe is...
- Made with 7 ingredients
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Made with creamy homemade alfredo sauce
- An elegant dinner, great for date night at home
How to Make Lobster Alfredo
- Cook the fettucine pasta.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Toss in the garlic and cook to become fragrant.
- Stir in heavy cream and seasoning, mixing over medium-high heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let boil for two minutes.
- Then reduce heat to medium low and add parmesan cheese.
- Once melted, toss in lobster meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in pasta, and serve immediately.
- Garnish with parsley, parmesan, etc.
Full directions for how to make Lobster Alfredo are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Variations for Lobster Alfredo
What lobster should I use for lobster alfredo?
This recipe is great because you can use fresh, canned, or even frozen diced lobster! This makes it very convenient and affordable to fit any budget. I have made it with lobster fresh from the dock, as well as canned lobster like this.
What pasta should I use for lobster alfredo?
The classic pasta choice for a lobster alfredo is fettucine! But really, this recipe works equally well with any pasta of your choice. You can use angel hair, bowties, or penne if you prefer.
Stir the Sauce Continuously!
Make sure to continuously stir the sauce when you pour in the heavy cream. The heavy cream is delicate, and if it burns, it will ruin the sauce.
Try Crab or Shrimp Alfredo
Try swapping out the lobster for crab meat or shrimp (peeled and deveined first!). Or trying using a mix of all three for a truly indulgent seafood alfredo.
Add Fresh Lemon Juice
Add a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice on top of the lobster alfredo when you dish it up. This adds a nice bright citrus flavor to the sauce and the lobster.
Lobster Alfredo FAQs
What is traditional Alfredo sauce made of?
Alfredo sauce is a very creamy and rich white sauce. Traditional Alfredo sauces are made with heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic, and sometimes milk.
Are lobster tails cheaper than a whole lobster?
Lobster and lobster tails are both pricey. You will find that buying just the tails is a bit less expensive than an entire lobster depending on where you shop. But remember, you can also use frozen or canned lobster for this recipe for a more budget friendly alternative.
How should I store leftover alfredo?
Store the leftover alfredo in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 - 4 days. When you're ready to eat it again, you can reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop. Just add a bit more cream if you heat it up on the stove as the pasta soaks in a lot of the sauce as it cools in the fridge.
If you love this easy lobster alfredo, be sure to check out these other tasty recipes:
- fettuccine pasta as desired
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 lb lobster meat shredded or minced
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Do not rinse after draining the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is hot, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning, and increase heat to medium-high.
- Bring the cream to a boil for 2 minutes, whisking constantly, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded Parmesan cheese and whisk until completely melted.
- Add the lobster meat and stir until well-distributed through the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes to warm through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and consistency if needed.
- Toss the pasta with the homemade lobster sauce.
- Serve immediately, with additional Parmesan and parsley if desired.