Our Favorite Frosting is this Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
You know, there is just something about frosting. Of course, we love our Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting too, but we especially LOVE our sweet Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
It’s kind of like a fun accessory.
We like to dress our cakes and cookies up, style them out with fun flare and novelties. And then, of course…we like to eat them.
But there is just something about food presentation that captivates us and for whatever reason, we want that food to look its best before we dive in and take a bite.
For tips for frosting cupcakes, check out these books:
- 1,000 Ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies & Cakes
- 100 Buttercream Flowers: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Piping Flowers in Buttercream Icing
- Creative Flavors for Cakes, Fillings & Frostings
When you take a bite of this delectable sweetness, you’ll get it.
You’ll understand how this is the frosting that is meant to be on every cupcake, pumpkin cookie, carrot cake, and spice cupcake that you make.
It’s that good!
Recipes With Cream Cheese
Because this sweet flavor mixed with the tantalizing taste of a baked good that is moist and equally delicious–well, that is a mouthful to savor and that you won’t want to miss.
We especially love Cream Cheese frosting on Carrot Cake and every other spice cake imaginable.
It always gets an Oh. My. Yum. reaction. Every single time.
The thing to remember when you’re getting ready to make this easy cream cheese frosting is that there is nothing to it.
Grab your mixer (we’re partial to our KitchenAid hand held mixer) and get to mixing. This frosting comes together so easily, and the taste is spectacular!
No matter how you decide to decorate these delicious cupcakes, we’re pretty sure you’re going to love each and every bite.
When we top our Carrot Cake (or cupcakes!) with this Cream Cheese frosting, it is hard to stop at just one tasty treat!Print
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick of butter (softened on counter)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened on counter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix butter and cream cheese until well blended and no lumps. Add vanilla, mix and then slowly add powdered sugar on low speed. Add additional powdered sugar if needed to reach the consistency you are looking for.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21