You will absolutely love this Easy Cream Cheese Frosting! It’s sweet, creamy, and of course easy to make! It’s divine spread on cupcakes, in between layers of cake (especially carrot cake), and on top of cookies.
Our Favorite Frosting is this Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe!
Yes, Easy Cream Cheese Frosting is our favorite frosting. You know, there is just something about this cream cheese frosting. Of course, we love our Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting too, but we especially LOVE our sweet Easy Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
It’s kind of like a fun accessory.
We like to dress our cakes and cookies up, style them out with fun flare and novelties. And then, of course…we like to eat them.
But there is just something about food presentation that captivates us and for whatever reason, we want that food to look its best before we dive in and take a bite.
For tips about frosting cupcakes, check out these books:
- 1,000 Ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies & Cakes
- 100 Buttercream Flowers: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Piping Flowers in Buttercream Icing
- Creative Flavors for Cakes, Fillings & Frostings
When you take a bite of the delectable sweetness of Easy Cream Cheese Frosting, you’ll get it.
You’ll understand how this is the frosting that is meant to be on every cupcake, pumpkin cookie, carrot cake, and spice cupcake that you make.
It’s that good!
Recipes With Cream Cheese
This sweet flavor mixed with the tantalizing taste of a baked good that is moist and equally delicious — well, that is a mouthful to savor and that you won’t want to miss.
We especially love Easy Cream Cheese Frosting on carrot cake (in particular The Best Carrot Cake Recipe) and every other spice cake imaginable.
It always gets an Oh. My. Yum. reaction. Every single time.
The thing to remember when you’re getting ready to make this Easy Cream Cheese Frosting is that there is nothing to it.
Grab your mixer (we’re partial to our KitchenAid hand held mixer) and get to mixing. This frosting comes together so easily, and the taste is spectacular!
How to Make Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Step by Step
This is seriously so easy… and we’re going to walk you through the steps. To start, get out your ingredients: cream cheese (of course!), butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Using a mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until they’re well blended and lump-free.
Add the vanilla…
… and slowly add powdered sugar while mixing on low speed.
Tip: If necessary, you can add additional powdered sugar to reach your desired consistency.
That is it! Your Easy Cream Cheese Frosting is done. No matter how you decide to use this cream cheese frosting, we’re pretty sure you’re going to love each and every bite.
When we top The Best Carrot Cake Recipe (or cupcakes!) with this cream cheese frosting, it is hard to stop at just one tasty treat!
- 1 stick of butter (softened on counter)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened on counter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix butter and cream cheese until well blended and no lumps. Add vanilla, mix and then slowly add powdered sugar on low speed. Add additional powdered sugar if needed to reach the consistency you are looking for.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe - 2019/04/18
- Healthy Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple and Peppers - 2019/04/17
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze - 2019/04/07