Good summer meals start and end with salsa, and we love mixing it up with different flavors, including this flavorful peach salsa.
Salsa is not just for scooping up with chips. It is amazing as a topping to eggs, chicken and pork, not to mention all of the amazing Mexican recipes we love to cook up.
Our Favorite Pairings for Traditional Tomato Salsa
A few we can’t get enough of: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice with Stuffed Peppers, and Copycat Cafe Rio Shredded Beef Tacos. Topping any of these recipes with salsa is amazing. For our favorite Mexican recipes, we prefer a classic tomato salsa or Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa.
Mix it Up with Our Spicy Peach Salsa
We love making homemade meals all year long, but good summer meals mean grilling out and fresh fruits and vegetables. Topping fresh grilled food with our Spicy Peach Salsa is the best!
Perfectly Grilled Chicken Halves and Perfectly Grilled Pork Ribs are both excellent recipes to pair with Spicy Peach Salsa.
This spicy peach salsa is absolutely gorgeous! The combination of colors creates a beautiful presentation, while the delicious blend of sweet and spicy flavors makes it a wonderful addition to simply prepared fish, chicken or pork dishes.
This one is a keeper, for sure!
Tip: Soak the red onion in a cup of water for 10-15 minutes before using to reduce its strong flavor and odor.
For best results, make the salsa the night before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend. This will also soften the peaches and onion to a nice consistency.
Peach Salsa Recipe is an Easy Fruit Salsa for Summer
- 6 fresh peaches pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ medium shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons red onion cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves stems removed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and stir to combine. (Start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more). Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with foil packet citrusy orange roughy or other minimally seasoned fish, chicken or pork recipe. This can also be served in place of regular salsa with tortilla chips.