These Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies are the perfect dessert for pumpkin spice season! Chewy homemade pumpkin cookies are filled with a rich pumpkin cream filling.
I am so in love with these pumpkin whoopie pies.
But this is one of my absolute favorites.
These pumpkin whoopie pies are:
- A fun, family friendly dessert.
- The perfect treat for Fall!
- Easy to make in 30 minutes.
- Gluten free, dairy free and paleo.
The homemade pumpkin cookies are so soft and chewy, with a hint of vanilla. These can be enjoyed on their own too!
The great thing about these pumpkin whoopie pies is they aren’t made from conventional, processed flours.
I made use of almond and tapioca flours, which you can easily find in your grocery stores or on Amazon. This makes them gluten-free and paleo friendly!
In addition to this being a paleo and gluten-free recipe, I wanted to make the pumpkin cream filling dairy free so I used coconut cream – this is basically the thick part of a can of coconut milk, placed in the refrigerator overnight.
This mixed with some honey and pumpkin puree gives you a sweet and velvety pumpkin cream.
More Tasty Treats
If you love these pumpkin whoopie pies, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
This recipe was contributed by Whitney from whittypaleo.com.
Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your coconut oil, pumpkin, honey and vanilla till smooth.
- Sieve in your flour and mix till incorporated.
- On a baking mat or parchment paper, spread out 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and form flat cookies
- Bake for 15-20mins, till browned and the centre of the cookies bounce back when you apply pressure.
- Mix together your pumpkin cream filling in a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once cookies are done, let cool completely before adding the pumpkin cream filling.
- Construct your pumpkin whoopie pies, serve and enjoy!