PUMPKIN CREAM FILLED WHOOPIE PIES
These delicious Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies are the perfect seasonal treat! Filled with creamy pumpkin goodness, it is a sweet treat that you won’t want to say no to!
Gluten and Dairy Free
I am so in love with these Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies. Well, firstly, I am so in love with pumpkin! It’s funny how it becomes the staple food in everyone’s house during the fall.
I’ve made so many pumpkin recipes lately, I literally can’t get enough of it!
The pumpkin cookies are so soft and chewy, with a hint of vanilla – these can be perfectly enjoyed on their own! I made these cookies as part of a recipe test for crunchy pumpkin cookies and found that they tasted just as good in both textures.
Paleo Dessert Recipe
The great thing about these pumpkin whoopie pies is they aren’t made from conventional, processed flours. I made use of almond and tapioca flours, of which you can easily find in your grocery stores or on Amazon. This makes them gluten-free and paleo!
In addition to this being a paleo and gluten-free recipe, I wanted to make the pumpkin cream filling dairy free so I used coconut cream – this is basically the thick part of a can of coconut milk, placed in the refrigerator overnight.
Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies
This mixed with some honey and pumpkin puree gives you a sweet and velvety pumpkin cream.
I love making healthy gluten free, paleo and dairy free desserts and treats because it gives me hope that I’m not only nourishing my body (and also protecting my waistline) but I’m also allowing myself the pleasure of indulging too! I mean, what’s life without a little pleasure, right?!
If you’re making these Pumpkin Cream Filled Whoopie Pies for a party, be sure to make a couple of batches of the cookies so you’ll have plenty for your guests – you may also need to top up the pumpkin cream filling!
½ cup coconut oil, melted ½ cup pumpkin puree ½ cup raw honey 1 tbsp vanilla extract 1 + ½ cup almond flour ½ cup tapioca flour ½ tsp pink himalayan salt ½ tsp baking soda Pumpkin cream filling: 2 cups coconut cream (about 2 cans of coconut milk refrigerated overnight) 1 cup pumpkin puree ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 + ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
Pumpkin cream filling:
- 2 cups coconut cream (about 2 cans of coconut milk refrigerated overnight)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your coconut oil, pumpkin, honey and vanilla till smooth.
- Sieve in your flour and mix till incorporated.
- On a baking mat or parchment paper, spread out 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and form flat cookies
- Bake for 15-20mins, till browned and the centre of the cookies bounce back when you apply pressure.
- Mix together your pumpkin cream filling in a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once cookies are done, let cool completely before adding the pumpkin cream filling.
- Construct your pumpkin whoopie pies, serve and enjoy!