You only need 6 ingredients to make these delicious Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches! In this recipe, scrumptious Snickerdoodle cookies sandwiches are filled with delicious and creamy vanilla ice cream. Whip up these sweet sandwiches for a fun after-school treat, midnight snack, or party dessert!
In this Article:
These cake mix snickerdoodle cookies are literally a breeze to make. They are delicious and coasted with tasty cinnamon and sugar. No one has to know that you didn't make them from scratch!
If, however, you do want to make your ice cream sandwiches from scratch, feel free to use your favorite homemade recipes. You could also use these recipes for oatmeal chocolate chip or vegan double chocolate cookies. If you want to be even more extra, make your own ice cream, too! Whether strawberry, mango, nutter butter, or mint chip, any ice cream flavor will taste delicious.
This Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe is...
- Made with 6 ingredients
- Made with cake mix
- A simple dessert recipe
- Easily made gluten-free
How to Make Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, and butter until dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven and prep baking sheet.
- Roll dough into balls, then roll in cinnamon and sugar.
- Place dough balls on baking sheet and bake as directed.
- Allow the cookies to cool, then scoop ice cream between two cookies.
- Freeze ice cream sandwiches for an hour to harden.
Tips & Tricks for Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
Use Cookie Scoop
I recommend using a cookie scoop to form your cookies. Using a dough scoop keeps all your cookies evenly sized. This is important to making sure all your cookies bake up the same. If your dough balls aren't all the same size, your cookies will be a mix of over- and under-cooked!
Refrigerate The Dough
Make sure to refrigerate your cookie dough! This step allows the dough to firm up, so that it holds shape. If you skip this step, your cookies will fall flat and not have the fluffy texture that you want.
Variations to Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
I used yellow cake mix for this recipe, but you could also use a white or a butter cake mix. Feel free to use whatever kind of cake mix you would like—just know the flavor will change just a bit.
If you want to twist up the flavor, add a little pumpkin spice seasoning to the cinnamon sugar mixture and add a twist to the flavor!
I used vanilla ice cream in my sandwiches, but feel free to change it up! Try using butter pecan, black walnut, chocolate, or whatever flavor of ice cream you prefer. You really can't go wrong with ice cream!
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches FAQs
Can I make this recipe with homemade cookie dough instead of cake mix?
Feel free to use homemade cookie dough in place of the cake mix snickerdoodles. Either method works! As long as your cookies aren't too soft, you will assemble your ice cream sandwiches the same way, regardless of how the cookies were made.
How do I store ice cream sandwiches?
You can store your ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. After a little while, the cookies will become soft. Because of that, I don't recommend storing your assembled sandwiches for longer. Alternatively, you can freeze the cookies separately and then assemble the sandwiches with the ice cream right before serving.
Can I make this recipe with other cookies?
Any flavor or style of cookie works for this ice cream sandwich recipe. I love the snickerdoodle pairing, but you can have fun and get creative with the kind of cookies you use for this dessert!
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package yellow cake mix 15.25 oz
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vanilla Ice cream or flavor of choice
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cake mix, and melted butter. Mix until well combined into a dough.
- Set the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill and firm up.
- Roll the cake batter into 2” balls.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, lightly coating dough on all sides.
- Flatten the dough balls and arrange on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes, watching closely to avoid overbaking.
- Remove cookies from the oven and set them aside to rest and cool.
- When the snickerdoodle cookies are cool to the touch, you can assemble the ice cream sandwiches. Place one scoop of ice cream in between two cookies, gently pressing the cookies together. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for 1 hour to harden up before serving.
Leave a Comment