Time to make some Red Velvet Cupcakes!
Red Velvet Cupcakes would be a great treat to make for Valentine’s Day or any other day you want to make a special treat for someone you love. Making homemade baked goods is always a nice way to give extra attention to showing someone how much you care.
Try this recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting or Chocolate Ganache. In fact, you could use a cupcake corer and take out a little bit of the cupcake middle, fill it with chocolate ganache and then top with the yummy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe we’ve included at the bottom of this post. There are so many variations you could make of this recipe.
If Red Velvet isn’t your style, you might enjoy our Lemonade Cupcakes.
Want some other cupcake recipes? We love the recipes in these cookbooks:
- The Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cupcakes (Betty Crocker Big Book)
- Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make
- Presented by Southern Living Big Book of Cupcakes: 150 Brilliantly Delicious Dreamcakes
We enjoy Red Velvet cupcakes dressed up in a variety of ways. That’s one of the fun things about cupcakes–you can even have a cupcake decorating party and everyone can top their cupcake with their favorite flavor.
Our Chocolate Buttercream frosting is out of this world delicious. You will LOVE it…especially if you are a chocolate lover.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa.
- 3 1/3 cups confectioner’s sugar.
- 1/3 cup milk.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Mix all ingredients together with electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Top cupcakes, serve and enjoy!
You can make 12 jumbo cupcakes out of this batter if you prefer. The baking time will change to 20 minutes but the rest of recipe remains the same.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cabaret - 2017/03/23
- How to Make Egg Rolls - 2017/03/23
- How to Make Boiled Eggs and Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches - 2017/03/23