Easy Black Beans Recipe
This easy black beans recipe. What can I say?
This is one of those super easy canned black bean recipes that is perfect to add to a weeknight meal plan. The reason is simple, it takes just about 30 minutes from start to finish to cook this deliciously healthy dinner.
Since we know you love easy dinner ideas like Foil Pack Dinners, Quick and Easy Taco Tator Tot Casserole, and Easy Enchilada Casserole–all of which are quick prep meals, we kind of figured you’d be down to try our Easy Black Bean and Chicken Chili recipe too. Because–hello. It’s just yum!
Want to stretch this meal out? Black Bean and Chicken Chili would be AMAZING served over rice! Black beans and rice–you really can’t go wrong with a combo like that.
And hey, we all want to eat a bit healthier right? Black beans are one of those super foods that allow you to do just that. So in between healthy recipes like those with black beans and some of my favorite smoothie recipes, I think this is going to be a pretty healthy year in my house!
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium red, orange or yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, to garnish
- Saute chicken, red peppers, onions, and garlic in oil in a Dutch oven for about 5 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes (with their liquid), and beer.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese; continue cooking until cheese is melted and chili is thoroughly heated.