Try this recipe for delicious homemade ice cream and prepare to be be amazed! It is so easy and simple to make this rich, creamy, and luscious Black Cherry and White Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream. And no-churn means no ice cream machine or special equipment required!
Ice cream is the most popular frozen dessert, with the average American consuming 48 pints of ice cream a year. Instead of running to the closest ice cream shop or corner market to get your fix, why not make your own? With just a couple of basic ingredients and a freezer-safe container, you’ll be ready to satisfy those ice cream cravings as soon they strike.
Reasons Why You’ll Love No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
It is truly quick and easy. Spend just 10-15 minutes mixing the ingredients together, pour into your container, then pop it in the freezer for 5-6 hours to harden. After that, it’s ready to serve!
It’s inexpensive. The average price for a half gallon of ice cream is $4.76 dollars, and many specialty brands cost more than that for just a single pint. This no-churn homemade ice cream recipe yields 8 servings, plus you can easily purchase the ingredients for far less than buying a ready-made equivalent.
You can customize! Once you make the base, you’re free to add any type of mix-ins and flavorings you like. Candy, cookies, fresh fruits, coffee, pie fillings, even your favorite breakfast cereal…there truly is no limit. Some of our most beloved flavor combinations are Salted Caramel Pecan, Double Chocolate Chunk, and of course, the pairing of Black Cherry and White Chocolate Chunk this recipe calls for.
What are Black Cherries?
This variety of cherry is darker in color, sometimes almost purple or black, and has a unique sour-sweet flavor. Black cherries are often used instead of sweet cherries to achieve a sharper taste. They are commonly used for making jams and pies, and are a very popular flavoring for both sodas and ice cream.
More Recipes for Frozen Treats Like Homemade Ice Cream
If you love this no-churn homemade ice cream as much as we do, check out these recipes for even more delicious frozen treats:
How To Make Black Cherry & White Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container and top with half of the cherries and white chocolate chunks.
Add in the rest of the ice cream and top with the remaining cherries and white chocolate.
Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Black Cherry & White Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
This recipe for delicious no-churn homemade ice cream is so easy and simple — and no special equipment required!
- Yield: serves 8
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- 1 cup (frozen or fresh) pitted black cherries
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the cherries and white chocolate. Repeat with another layer and top with the remaining cherries and white chocolate.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - 2018/11/19
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie — The Perfect Holiday Pie - 2018/11/17
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole with Bacon Pecan Topping - 2018/11/14