These Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes are a one-pot meal of cheesy deliciousness! Hashbrown potatoes don’t get much better than this. Bonus: this recipe is naturally gluten-free!
I’m a big fan of easy. Easy breakfast ideas, easy kitchen cleanup, easy one-pot meals.
Here you have easy Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes for a one-pot meal that is super quick on the cleanup and makes every member of my family happy.
When can you serve Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes?
I made this meal for dinner, but it would just as easily work for breakfast, brunch, or any other time of the day that you want to feed your crew. This is a meat and potatoes kind of meal.
What are the Best Potatoes for Hashbrown Potatoes?
I used a 28 oz. bag of Heinz® Ore-Ida® Potatoes O’Brien with Onions and Peppers. (Potatoes O’Brien, if you’re unfamiliar, is the name for a potato dish that includes potatoes and peppers.)
I love the convenience of using pre-cut potatoes for my hashbrowns. It just makes everything so much easier and faster!
Ingredients for Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
These oh-so-cheesy hashbrown potatoes contain good, simple ingredients:
- Heinz® Ore-Ida® Potatoes O’Brien with Onions and Peppers
- Spicy pork sausage (or medium or mild if that’s your speed)
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (because I like a little extra onion)
… and that’s it. Oh yeah… and a sprinkle of cheese (if not, they’d just be plain hashbrown potatoes!). Just about 1/2 a cup of cheese is perfect for this big batch of meat and potato deliciousness!
Add some salsa if you’re so inclined… it adds a Tex-Mex flair and some more spice that will leave you begging for more.
How to Make Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
Step #1: In frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through.
Step #2: Add frozen hashbrown potatoes and stir to coat with sausage grease.
Step #3: Add onion.
Step #4: Cook while stirring over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Step #5: Add optional eggs (either whisked together or cracked over the top) and cook until potatoes are tender and eggs are cooked, or about 8-10 minutes.
Step #6: Add cheese and serve! (Add some salsa for a Tex-Mex flair).
Heinz® Ore-Ida® Potatoes come in several varieties and are available at Walmart.
More Great Breakfast Choices
If you like this tasty breakfast option, try a few of these:
- Low Carb Crepes – Sweet or Savory Flourless Crepes Two Ways
- Chocolate Breakfast Biscuits
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes make for a delicious one-pot meal!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 28 ounce Heinz® Ore-Ida® Potatoes O’Brien with Onions and Peppers
- 1 lb. spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- In frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add frozen hashbrown potatoes and stir to coat with sausage grease.
- Add onion.
- Cook while stirring over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add optional eggs (either whisked together or cracked over the top) and cook until potatoes are tender and eggs are cooked, or about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese and serve.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Healthy Fried Rice Recipe - 2019/03/20
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies - 2019/03/12
- Cheesecake Pudding - 2019/03/06