This Cherry Almond Mousse Pie is one incredible no-bake pie! It's packed with flavor from a crunchy graham cracker crust and a fluffy and airy cherry mousse filling. Serve it up for the holidays or just a fun weeknight dessert.
In this Article:
Pie is something I will never turn my nose up at. From simple apple pie to classic banana cream pie, I love every one of them.
I especially love this cherry mousse pie with creamy white chocolate hidden inside- it reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry!
This cherry almond mousse pie is:
- Light & fluffy.
- An easy no-bake pie recipe.
- Perfect for entertaining.
And if you love Cherry Almond flavor, you'll love this Cherry Almond Poke Cake too.
What is the Crust on Cherry Mousse Pie?
I went with a classic graham cracker crust. I find the crisp and light texture compliments the fluffy and velvety textured filling.
You can make your own graham cracker crust, like I did in this recipe, or you can buy a premade one from the grocery store.
I will say one thing I love about homemade pie crust is you can have your pie in a pretty pie pan for serving versus the aluminum ones that the crust comes in!
What Type Of Cherries Are in Cherry Mousse Pie?
Maraschino cherries are what you will use for this cherry pie recipe. They are perfectly sweet and will really blend in with all the other flavors.
You get a tasty and sweet pie, where if you used real bing cherries it could end up tasting a bit too tart.
You can buy maraschino cherries in a jar and you just drain and chop them up. It is easy to prep and you will love the flavor and sweetness it adds to the pie!
Does Cherry Almond Mousse Pie Need To Set Up?
Yes, you will want to make this pie a bit ahead of time to give it the time needed to set. Once the pie is made it needs 4 hours (or overnight) to set up.
Since you have a pudding base that always takes chill time for getting to the right consistency.
So I always recommend making this pie in the morning and serving it for dinner, or you can make it the night before. Then you can decorate the pie right before serving.
Could I Use An Oreo Crust For Cherry Mousse Pie?
Yes! An Oreo Crust (like this) would also be a tasty option for this pie, and give you more of a chocolate cherry flavor.
How Do You Store a Mousse Pie?
You will have to store your pie in the refrigerator. Since you have a lot of dairy you will find it will go bad if left out on the counter. You can store this pie for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Plus if you need to make it the day before you plan to eat it so it has enough time to fully set up. Great dessert for potlucks, birthday parties, bbq's and so much more. If you love cherry you will really enjoy this recipe.
I am telling you this recipe is a breeze. A handful of ingredients, and a little time is all it takes. The hardest part for me is waiting till it sets up good and I can slice into it. Patience with this incredibly cherry fluff pie is hard, but totally worth it.
Craving More Pie Recipes?
If you love this almond cherry mousse pie, check out these other delicious recipes:
Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs from approximately 8 graham cracker sheets
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk divided
- 1 ounce dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon almond extract divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries drained and chopped
- whipped cream
- extra cherries
- Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl or pie pan. Press into the bottom of the pie pan.
- In a small saucepan heat ½ cup sweetened condensed milk and chocolate over low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture thickens.
- Pour into chocolate mixture over the crust and put in the refrigerator.
- Next, mix the cream cheese until nice and smooth. Slowly add in the water and the vanilla pudding mix, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until thick. Scrape into the bowl with the pudding mixture and fold the whipped cream and pudding together.
- Fold in the sliced almonds and cherries. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- To set, refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Omg, this cherry mousse pie looks so dreamy! I especially like that it has such a fluffy filling and chocolate hidden inside. I’m just imagining how wonderful this must taste!
Jessica, many thanks for the utterly fab recipes! Looking forward to your new posts. I’m a real fan of what you do. You’re an inspiration for us all. Keep up the good work! <3