Cherry Almond Mousse Pie is one incredible pie that has a graham cracker crust, and a fluffy and airy cherry mousse filling.
Serve up this Cherry mousse pie for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, baby showers or just a weeknight dessert.
Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
What I love about this cherry mousse pie is it has chocolate hidden inside, and reminds me of a chocolate covered cherry!
And if you love Cherry Almond flavor, you’ll love this Cherry Almond Poke Cake too.
What is the Crust on Cherry Mousse Pie
I went with a classic graham cracker crust. I find the crisp and light texture compliments the fluffy and velvety textured filling.
Now on this you can make your own graham cracker crust or feel free to buy one. Depending on my schedule I will sometimes just buy one at the store.
I will say one thing I love about homemade is you can have a pretty pie pan for serving up the pie, vs an aluminum pan.
What Type Of Cherries Are in Cherry Mousse Pie
Maraschino cherries are what you will use for this cherry pie recipe. They are perfectly sweet and will really blend in with all the other flavors.
You get a tasty and sweet pie, where if you used real bing cherries it could end up tart in spots.
I just bought a jar and you then drain and chop them up. It is easy prep and you will love the sweetness it adds to the pie!
Does Cherry Almond Mousse Pie Need To Set Up
Yes you will want to make this a bit ahead of time, for when you plan to serve it up. Once the pie is made it needs 4 hours to overnight to set up.
Since you have a pudding base that always takes chill time for getting to the right consistency.
So I always recommend making this in the morning and serving for dinner, or if you can make the night before. Then you can decorate the pie right before serving.
Could I Use An Oreo Crust For Cherry Mousse Pie
I think an Oreo Crust would be such a tasty option for this pie. I personally loved the graham cracker but I think the Oreo would be delicious and give you more of a chocolate cherry flavor.
One other thing is you could use a classic Oreo or reach even for a Golden Oreo for a fun twist to the pie. I am gonna have to try that the next time I make this pie.
Craving More Pie Recipes
- Banana Cream Pie | This banana cream pie is incredible, I would highly recommend making this. You will love my version of banana cream pie.
- Lemon Pie with Meringue | If you are a lemon fan, you will want to hurry up and make this recipe. Tangy and citrus lemon and topped with a light and airy meringue and sliced up for anyone to devour.
- Pina Colada Pie | Now, if you enjoy tropical flavors you will be delighted with this pina colada pie. I make this a lot in the summer months, it is so creamy and sweet.
How To Store Mousse Pie
You will have to store your pie in the refrigerator. Since you have a lot of dairy you will find it will go bad if left out on the counter. You can store this pie for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Plus if you need to make it the day before you plan to eat it so it has enough time to fully set up. Great dessert for potlucks, birthday parties, bbq’s and so much more. If you love cherry you will really enjoy this recipe.
I am telling you this recipe is a breeze. A handful of ingredients, and a little time is all it takes. The hardest part for me is waiting till it sets up good and I can slice into it. Patience with this incredibly cherry fluff pie is hard, but totally worth it.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1-ounce unsweetened chocolate
- ½ teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl or pie pan. Press into the bottom of the pie pan.
- In a small saucepan heat ½ cup sweetened condensed milk and chocolate over low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture thickens.
- Pour into chocolate mixture over the crust and put in the refrigerator.
- Next, mix the cream cheese until nice and smooth. Slowly add in the water and the vanilla pudding mix, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until thick. Scrape into the bowl with the pudding mixture and fold the whipped cream and pudding together.
- Fold in the sliced almonds and cherries.
- To set, refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 649Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 63gProtein: 11g
More Of Our Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5 Layer Pie
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Apple Pie with Almonds
- Apple Rhubarb Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Brown Sugar Pie
- Boozy Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Boozy Strawberry Daiquiri Pie
- Caramel Apple Crumble Pie
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Derby Pie
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Mama’s Apple Pie
- Mini Chocolate Cherry Pies
- Oatmeal Pie
- Peach Pie
- Pecan Pie with Meringue
- Piña Colada Pie
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Tropical Cream Pie
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie