Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Did you know you can make an easy apple pie recipe with store bought crust? We’re talking best pie recipe in the world, loaded with apples, and all without stressing over making pie crust.
Don’t get me wrong, if you have the time, making pie crust from scratch is not only tasty, but can be therapeutic. However, if you’re in a time crunch or simply don’t want to bother with from scratch pie crust, refrigerated pie crust from your local store works great.
Almond Apple Pie is a pie that is loaded with crunchy almonds and baked to golden perfection. This apple almond pie is a fun twist on the traditional apple pie.
Almond apple pie is something my family requests for every holiday gathering. It is unique in flavor, crunchy, and bursting with spiced apple flavor.
ALMOND APPLE PIE
If you are looking for a pie that is simple to make, give this pie a try. We love almonds, so any recipe I can find that allows me to use them is always welcome in my book.
HOW TO SERVE APPLE ALMOND PIE
- Dish up some ice cream to pair with your pie.
- Make it al-amode!
- Dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Dust with cinnamon.
You can serve this pie however you would like. I love it with whipped cream or ice cream. Both are incredible.
WHAT KIND OF APPLES FOR APPLE PIE
Baking apples are welcome when making pie. A tart, crisp apple is welcome, that way it can hold up well and add incredible flavor to your pie. Granny Smith apples, Honeycrisps, Gala, Golden Delicious and more.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND APPLE PIE
Preheat your oven and prep your pie crust. You are welcome to buy roll out refrigerator pie crust, or make homemade. It is all about personal preference.
Then in a bowl you will work on adding in your diced apples, and all other filling ingredients. I do a mix of chopped almonds and whole almonds for texture. Top with added pie crust if you desire then bake.
DO YOU PEEL APPLES FOR APPLE PIE
I did peel my apples for this pie. Sometimes the skins of apples will give you a chewy texture if you bake with the skins on. Make sure that you core your apple as well so no seeds get in the pie.
You can use a peeler to get rid of the skin of the apple, then an apple corer to tackle the seeds. Then you can dice into small pieces, or slice into thin pieces, however, you prefer on texture for your pie.
HOW TO DECORATE APPLE PIE
I used a cookie cutter to make apple cutouts of the pie dough and placed around the edge of the pie. A simple approach with a glorious presentation value.
You could also do a lattice with an extra pie crust for a more classic approach. Or cut out holes on a pie crust and lay it over the top. Feel free to decorate your pie however you feel fit.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPLE RECIPES
- Apple Rhubarb Pie| This pie uses rhubarb and apple together to give you incredible flavor. I absolutely love this pie and make it every year.
- Apple, Walnuts and Honey Instant Pot Quick Oats | Start breakfast out with a hearty and wholesome recipe. Crunchy, sweet, and a good boost to start the day.
- Apple Cheesecake Recipe | This is a quick and easy cheesecake to whip up and it uses apple slices laid across the top of the cheesecake.
- Apple Spice Poke Cake | Here is a poke cake that gives you that spice cake flavor with an apple twist.
- Mulled Five-Spice Crockpot Apple Cider | Sip on this mulled apple cider. Five spices that will bring incredible flavor this this fall drink.
HOW TO STORE ALMOND APPLE PIE
You can either store your pie on the counter for up to two days, or store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Storing fruit pies on the counter will shorten the lifespan of the pie. If you store covered in the fridge it will add time to your pie.
If you prefer fresh out of the oven warm pie, just pop it in the microwave for a quick reheat or even warm a slice or two up in the oven.
Best Supplies for Baking Pies and Cakes
- Stand Mixer or Hand-held Mixer– This makes it SO much faster to whip the topping. Like I said above, it can be done without a mixer, but make sure you have a strong arm and patience. I have a KitchenAid Pro Mixer that I’ve had for 12+ years and love it!
- Round Cake Storage and Carrier– Having a pan with lid and carrier makes it easier for storage. No more having to deal with plastic wrap that gets messy and twisted up.
- 8-inch Parchment Rounds– No more dealing with cake sticking to the bottom of the pan!
- Cake Leveler– This tool is a must if you want to make layered cakes. It allows you to evenly remove the rounded part of the cake top and make perfectly level layers.
- Cake Server– A good cake server makes a world of difference. It makes it so much easier to lift the dessert lasagna out of the pan in nice and even slices.
- Cake Decorating Set– Making a pretty cake is reasonably easy when you use the tools in this decorating set. With a little practice, you will be decorating cakes like a pro in no time.
CAN YOU FREEZE ALMOND APPLE PIE
You can freeze this pie, just bake as directed and allow your pie to cool down. Then transfer into a freezer friendly container and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When ready to enjoy thaw in the fridge the night before. The warm up in the microwave by the slice, or opt to cover with aluminum foil and warm up in the oven until fully warmed, then serve.
Give this almond apple pie a try and let me know what you think. It is an incredible holiday pie recipe that will win over family, friends, and any guests you slice it up and serve it to.
Try Some of Our Favorite Recipes
- Boozy Cherries
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Spice Cookies with Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I’m whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe, uncooked
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup almonds, some sliced and some whole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray, and place unbaked pie crust in the pan, fluting the edge.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in butter, corn syrup, and almond extract. Mix in the apples and almonds.
- Pour into pie crust-lined pan. If desired, top pie with pie crust cut out into decorative shapes, or cut in strips and arranged in a lattice.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the center of the pie is set.
Serve pie warm with vanilla ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 327mg Carbohydrates: 68g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 40g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g
More Of Our Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5 Layer Pie
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Apple Pie with Almonds
- Apple Rhubarb Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Brown Sugar Pie
- Boozy Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Boozy Strawberry Daiquiri Pie
- Caramel Apple Crumble Pie
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Derby Pie
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Mama’s Apple Pie
- Mini Chocolate Cherry Pies
- Oatmeal Pie
- Peach Pie
- Pecan Pie with Meringue
- Piña Colada Pie
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Tropical Cream Pie
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie