These Mini Apple Pie Bites are packed with warm flavor from apples, cinnamon, and sugar - all wrapped up in a perfect pastry crust. Yum!
It's that time of year where the air is crisp and the leaves are falling. Actually, do you know what else is falling? Apples!!
As a kid I would eat apples like candy. As an adult, I prefer them in a dish, like a dessert. I especially love me some apple pie.
And while apple pie is totally completely delicious, it's also kind of a pain to make. So I decided to make apple pie bites instead!
Seriously, these are heavenly. Not gonna lie. They taste exactly like apple pie but the compact size is perfect for either on-the-go or if you are watching your portions. Also, they are great if you have little ones.
Flaky, buttery and warm. Oh and did I mention how easy they are to make too?
And, if you want a super shortcut, try using apple pie filling when you're in a time crunch.
Can it really get any better than sweet apples and cinnamon wrapped in a sugary, buttery crust? I think not.
How to Make Apple Pie Bites
These could not be any easier to make! All you do is mix up a simple apple filling from fresh apples, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and a little flour.
Then wrap it up inside premade crescent roll dough like a little present. And it is indeed a present - for your taste buds! 😉
Yes, I said that.
Bake these perfect little morsels in the oven until they're puffy and golden. And ta-dah - mini apple pie bites!
More Recipes To Try
If you love these mini apple pie bites, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
Mini Apple Pie Bites
- 8 oz crescent roll dough canned, 8 count
- 2 apples any variety, small, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar and 1 tbsp of the butter. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Open the crescent can and roll out the dough pieces. Lay each individual crescent piece down on the pan and stretch them a bit.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each piece, roll up and secure the ends by taking the corner of the dough and wrapping it towards the center.
- Brush remaining butter over the top of the apple pie bites. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool to room temperature before serving.
well these sure do look good! just the right size to grab on the go - Karen (mom's apple pie is me) 🙂
I am crazy for apples right now! These look wonderful!
apple pie/fritters? hummm looks easy. i will try it, thanks
Thanks so much for the invite Katie! We'll try to link up.
I made these and they turned out well. Could have added a tad bit more sugar but they were good. I will definitely be making them again.
Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty
Perfect timing to find this post, with fall knocking on the door! I love anything apple, and these bites look amazing. Thanks so much for linking your awesome recipe to Merry Monday!
Delicious love this mini version of apple pies, thank for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning and tweeting.
Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life
What a yummy treat! I'm so excited apple season is almost here!