During winter months, we tend to turn to comfort foods. And freezer jam is one of those classic homemade comfort foods that can make just about anything taste better. Well, this recipe shows you how to make freezer jam —Strawberry Freezer Jam to be exact.
Make Freezer Jam and enjoy this fabulous flavor.
Summer produce includes gorgeous fruits and vegetables in their prime like sweet corn, asparagus, peas, juicy ripe tomatoes, jewel-like berries, and many, many more. Berries! This makes summer the best time to make the strawberry freezer jam.
And if you have any question how much we love strawberries, you have only to look at some of our favorite strawberry indulgences like Cool Strawberry Whipped Dessert (which is out of this world jaw-droppingly gorgeous and delicious), Strawberry Mojito Float, and Cool Strawberry Soup.
Strawberry Freezer Jam
Strawberries are one of nature’s best sweeteners. And strawberry jam is like the ultimate culinary nectar.
We wanted to adapt Strawberry Jams for winter. So if winter comes, we can still have a taste of summer. We usually tuck away Strawberry Jams in our freezer for the holiday season.
It makes us happy seeing our freezer filled with jewel-toned Strawberry Jams brimming with liquid sunshine.
Tools to have on hand to make making freezer jam less messy:
- Ball Mason “PINT” Jars Wide-Mouth Can or Freeze – 12pk (by Jarden Home Brands)
- Prepworks by Progressive Canning Funnel for Regular and Wide Mouth Jars
- Nuovoware Spoon Rest, [4PCK] Premium Silicone Kitchen Spoon Utensil Rest Holder Set, Food Grade Heat Resistant Flexible Stove & Counter Top Spoon Rest, 4 Colours
Spread it on a sandwich with a bit of peanut butter, smear it on bread and butter, or mix it into yogurt. It will always be glorious and comforting however you apply it.
This strawberry freezer jam is super easy to make and it’s incredibly sweet. Perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth, yes? It will definitely satisfy our instantaneous craving for fresh-tasting strawberry jam. We’re going to enjoy it all winter long.
You just have to follow this recipe:Print
Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 4 cups strawberries, cut in half
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1 3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Mash up the strawberries until slightly chunky to make 2 cups crushed strawberries. Mix strawberries and sugar in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, mix the water and pectin in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour hot pectin mixture over strawberry mixture; stir constantly 3 minutes.
- Immediately spoon mixture into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Wipe rims of containers; seal. Let stand at room temperature about 24 hours or until set.
- You can store the freezer jam in the freezer up to 6 months or in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Thaw frozen jam and stir before serving.
Photo credits on this post by svehlik.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21