Avocado Chicken Salad is just about the best salad recipe I've tasted. It's full of fresh flavors and topped with an amazing Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette that must be tasted to fully appreciate. It's SO good!
Healthy salad recipes are always a winner, and this avocado salad recipe is no exception. It is full of garden ingredients we can't get enough of: cherry tomatoes, mixed lettuce, red onion, and avocados.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes - Short Cuts for Busy Lives
I LOVE Rotisserie Chicken Recipes. Can't get enough of them.
You can add this easy chicken salad recipe to your list of what to make with rotisserie chicken. The chicken, along with chopped bacon, top our tasty Chicken and Avocado Salad, making it a salad that has layers of flavors.Depending on the size of your rotisserie chicken, you could use the chicken over a few days to make:
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Chunky Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Marsala Rotisserie Chicken Soup recipe
Avocado Chicken Salad Keto Recipe
Are you new to a keto diet and starting to figure out what you can and cannot eat? Most people new to the diet have a lot of questions.
Like...are tomatoes keto friendly? Is honey keto friendly?
The answer to those two questions is pretty simple. Tomatoes can be enjoyed in moderation on the keto diet. Watch the carb intake.
Honey is an absolute no-go on the keto diet. There are way too many carbs.
So, if you want to enjoy this easy chicken avocado salad recipe and you're on the keto diet... you'll want to make a couple modifications to make it a keto chicken salad recipe.
- Reduce the amount of cherry tomatoes.
- Omit the honey from the dressing and if needed, add a little bit of Splenda to sweeten.
How to make Mustard Vinaigrette
Making a mustard vinaigrette from scratch is SO easy! The vinaigrette for this salad recipe takes 8 simple ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand.
The most time intensive part of making a vinaigrette is pulling the ingredients out of the pantry and measuring. Other than that, all you have to do is whisk the ingredients together. Easy as can be!
Best Avocado Recipes to Make
Avocados are known for their health benefits. Avocado health benefits include that they are high in potassium, they can lower cholesterol, and they are heart-healthy.
With that in mind, it's easy to consider taking a bite out of some of the best avocado recipes:
- Avocado Pasta Salad
- Keto Baked Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Avocado Soup with Feta
- Sweet Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa
- Keto Loaded Baked Avocado Eggs
Adding a protein filled salad recipe to your meal plan once or twice a week is a great idea for a couple of reasons.
Salad recipes are healthy meal options. They also are pretty fast to make. In this case, if you use a rotisserie chicken to make the recipe, you'll have it on the table in no time.
Another time saver is pre-cooked bacon, which is a perfect time-saver in the summer months when you don't want to be cooking.
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
- 8 slices bacon diced
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cups mixed salad greens lettuce of choice
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes diced
- ½ small red onion sliced thin
- 2 large avocados pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine honey, both mustards, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and shallots together in a small, non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, in a large skillet over medium heat until just crispy, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spatula and transfer to a bed of paper towels to drain. Blot off excess grease and set aside.
- Drain all but approximately 1 tablespoon bacon grease from the skillet and return to medium heat. (Carefully wipe any grease off the side of the pan with a heavy, damp cloth before returning to heat to prevent flare-ups).
- Add chicken to skillet and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add salad greens, tomatoes, and red onion to a large salad bowl and top with the cooked chicken and bacon.
- Toss avocado slices with fresh lime juice to prevent browning and add to salad. Drizzle with half the salad dressing and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately on chilled individual salad plates with remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!