These pistachio trifles are packed with indulgent flavor from pistachio pudding, chocolate, and peppermint. It's the perfect holiday dessert!
If you're looking for quick and easy Christmas recipes, or desserts that you can make in less than 10 minutes, you've come to the right place!
Yes. I'm pretty sure this is the best Christmas trifle recipe ever. It's filled with layers of Pistachio pudding goodness, chocolate, and peppermint. And it's quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
And with pictures that look this yummy, you will probably be hungry enough to make this holiday dessert recipe up today.
These pistachio trifles are:
- Perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Packed with rich flavor.
- Easy to throw together.
- The ultimate Christmas dessert!
Making Pistachio Trifles
Simple, easy ingredients. That's the secret to making this fun dessert so quick and easy. After all, a trifle is nothing more than delicious ingredients layered together in a serving dish.
In this case - we'll build delicious layers of pistachio pudding, pre-made angel food cake, chocolate, and peppermint candy. Then I topped mine off with a Peeps Candy Cane chick dipped in chocolate. Ok, I never said it was healthy!
It takes literally no skill in the kitchen to throw this dessert together. This Pistachio Trifle is even easier than baking a cake!
Ways to Serve the Trifles
Delicious. The best Christmas desserts are easy on the eyes and taste great too. I mean, lets get serious. No one wants to eat a dessert that doesn't look good, right?
Here are a few fun and beautiful ways to serve up these pistachio trifles, depending on how fancy you want to get.
Mini Tasting Dishes - f your serving these trifles alongside other desserts, such as your Christmas dessert table, these mini tasting dishes area a great choice.
Big Trifle Dish - Or you can use a big trifle dish like this to make an awe-inspiring trifle that will have your guests oohing and ahh-ing.
More Christmas Dessert Ideas
Start a new holiday tradition this year!
I love holiday baking and definitely whip up my fair share of Christmas cookies at this time of year.
But when it comes to desserts, my favorites are poke cakes and trifles. They are tasty and indulgent, without being over the top on the time involved in making them. Which. Is. Awesome.
So if that sounds amazing to you, be sure to check out some poke cake recipes while you're here.
These pistachio trifles are just one of several easy Christmas desserts recipes that I'm looking forward to making this holiday season.
In fact, I may need to make a complete dessert buffet this year, centered around this hot chocolate charcuterie board. Yum!
If you love these pistachio trifles, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
- 8 pint sized mason jars or other small serving dishes
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together pistachio pudding mix with milk for 1–2 minutes until well blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Using small dessert cups or mason jars, layer the pudding, cake pieces, and a sprinkle of peppermint chips. Repeat for a second layer.
- In a small glass microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 60 seconds, stir, and then continue melting at 30 second increments in the microwave until the chips are completely melted, stirring in between each additional 30 seconds.
- Dip each of the Peeps in the chocolate, just coating the bottom. Set them aside on a piece of wax paper or a clean cutting board for a few minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the top of the individual trifles.
- Sprinkle on any remaining peppermint chips.
- Top each trifle with a chocolate dipped PEEPS® Chick. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator.