Fried Chicken Recipe to Love
Okay, we get it…everyone loves Kentucky Fried Chicken fried chicken, but this chicken recipe is homemade and it is delicious. We’d choose our Ginger Fried Chicken recipe over Kentucky Fried Chicken any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But…don’t take our word for it. Try it out and see what you think of this delicious flavor.
If you want, you can pair the fried chicken up with our Copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken Coleslaw how to make deep fried chicken. See, you’re still getting in some of that KFC craving.
But, if you’re steadfast in your determination to mimic a KFC fried chicken recipe great, you can certainly work toward that goal. We’ve found several resources to get you started. Here are just a few:
- KFC Secret Recipes: KFC Style Chicken Recipes, Salads and Desserts
- Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour, 10 Ounce
- Authentic Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipes
Who doesn’t enjoy a good chicken leg? As a child, that was always my favorite piece of chicken to have. Maybe it was because it was easy to hold on to, or maybe it was because of the juicy taste of the dark meat eaten off the bone. Either way… you know that you’re going to get a delectable dish each and every time you make fried chicken with chicken legs.
Whether you’re making fried chicken for a crowd, or a small family, we’re sure you will enjoy this recipe every bit as much as we did.
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups canola oil
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Place the ginger juice into a ziploc plastic bag big enough to hold all the drumsticks.
- Add the honeyto the bag and seal.
- Shake the bag until the ingredients are mixed together well.
- Add the drumsticks, seal and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Place the canola oil into a deep fryer or large heavy sauce pan and bring the temperature to 365 degrees.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bag and throw away the bag.
- Roll each drumstick through the corn flour.
- Dip them into the egg and then roll them through the breadcrumbs being sure to completely cover the drum stick.
- Place 2 drumsticks into the fryer at a time and fry 5 minutes or until a golden crispy brown on the outside.
- Allow the heat of the oil to come back to 365 degrees before adding any more drumsticks.
- Drain on a paper towel and allow them to cool before serving.