Lemonade No-Churn Ice Cream takes two summertime favorites — lemonade and ice cream — and combines them into one truly refreshing and delicious frozen treat! So quick and easy to make, it is the perfect dessert to enjoy on those sweltering “dog days” of summer. But it’s equally delightful served up at any time of the year. Just one bite of this creamy, dreamy Lemonade No-Churn Ice Cream and you’ll feel like it’s sunny and 74 degrees, no matter what the weather outside is like!
What does No-Churn Mean?
Traditional ice cream recipes require the cream mixture be churned in an ice cream machine. This churning process thickens the cream base while simultaneously freezing it. This no-churn recipe bypasses this step by simply combining thick and fluffy whipped cream with rich and creamy sweetened condensed milk. No churning, and no special equipment needed!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Making No-Churn Ice Cream
#1: It truly is quick and easy. Spend just 5 minutes mixing the ingredients together, pour into your container, then pop it in the freezer for 5-6 hours to harden. After that, it’s ready to serve!
#2: It’s inexpensive. The average price for a half gallon of ice cream is $4.76 dollars, and many specialty brands cost more than that for just a single pint. This no-churn ice cream recipe yields 6 servings, and you can easily purchase the ingredients for far less than buying a ready-made equivalent.
#3: You can customize it! Once you make the base, you’re free to add any type of mix-ins and flavorings you like. In addition to the lemonade packet used in this recipe, you can add in candy, cookies, fresh fruits, coffee, pie fillings, even your favorite breakfast cereal…there truly is no limit. Some of our most beloved flavor combinations include Salted Caramel Pecan, Double Chocolate Chunk, and Berry Pie No-Churn Ice Cream.
How To Make Lemonade No-Chun Ice Cream Step By Step
Step #1: With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
Step #2: Pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemonade powder and fold in until smooth.
Step #3: Add in yellow food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
Step #4: Next, spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Step #5: When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
More Delicious Frozen Treats Like Lemonade No-Churn Ice Cream
If you love making your own no-churn ice cream as much as we do, then you’ll want to check out these other great recipes for easy and delicious frozen treats you can make yourself:Print
Lemonade No-Churn Ice Cream
This refreshing Lemonade No-Churn Ice Cream recipe lets you experience the taste of summer, anytime of year!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 packet lemonade powder (to taste)
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemonade powder and fold in until smooth.
- Add in yellow food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
- Next, spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Pork Enchilada Casserole - 2019/02/13
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice and Tomato Parmesan Soup - 2019/02/12
- Instant Pot Meatballs – Easy Italian Meatball Sliders - 2019/02/09