Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a peanut butter and chocolate pie that is loaded with sweet flavor and crunchy peanuts.
If you are looking for an simple peanut butter pie, this recipe is for you.
If you are looking for a dessert too, “wow” guests, this pie recipe is it. So simple to make, basic pantry ingredients and more.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This chocolate peanut butter pie is one that you bake in the oven. I know there are a lot of no bake peanut butter pies, but this version is an absolute favorite.
Here are more pies to consider making
- Banana Cream Pie | A homemade pie that is loaded with rich banana flavor in every bite.
- Apple Crumble Pie | This pie recipe is so simple, but loaded with tender apples, and topped with a crumble that bakes up to golden brown.
- Pina Colada Pie | Tropical flavors in a creamy and fluffy texture. This pie is perfect for summer cookouts, weeknight dessert or even for potlucks.
What Crust Is Used In This Pie Recipe
I used a flour based pie crust. Since you bake this pie in the oven you will find it is the best option.
If you prefer to use a homemade pie crust go ahead and use your favorite recipe. Or opt to buy pre-made dough and roll out and press into your pie pan.
I find the refrigerated dough tastes very close to homemade pie crust. If you buy the freezer section pie crust, you will find it tends to be a bit drier in form of texture as it bakes up.
What Is The Best Chocolate To Use For Peanut Butter Pie
Semi-sweet chocolate is one of my favorites, so I went with that. If you prefer milk chocolate or dark chocolate you can use that as well. If you go with milk chocolate you will find the sweetness level is a bit lighter.
Do I Have To Add Peanuts To Peanut Butter Pie
If you want a creamy texture feel free to skip adding peanuts in the pie. It will still offer incredible peanut butter flavor paired with the chocolate.
The salted peanuts add a lot of flavor to the pie. I have made this pie with unsalted peanuts, and I prefer it with salted. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
First you will want to take your pie crust and sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts and spread evenly on the bottom of the crust.
Then in a bowl whip up the rest of your pie filling. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes total. The full directions are below. If you want you can top with more chocolate chips and peanuts.
Check out more peanut butter and chocolate recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies | This cookie is a fantastic recipe for you to try out. Peanut butter and chocolate combine with oats for an incredible dessert that doesn’t require the oven.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie | Jump start your morning with this filling and delicious breakfast smoothie that will win satisfy.
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels | This recipe is crazy simple to do, and totally loaded with sweet flavor with a hint of salty. I highly suggest this no-bake dessert.
How To Store Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
I store my leftover pie in the refrigerator. I find it will extend the shelf life. Just make sure to place in an airtight container or wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
You can store the pie for up to five days in the fridge. It is best to eat within the first couple days I think.
Can I Double This Pie Recipe
Absolutely! You are more than welcome to double the recipe and bake in two pie crusts.
The biggest thing is making sure you bake on the middle rack of the oven, that way they don’t overcook on the lower rack.
Allow each pie to fully cool on a cooling rack and then slice and enjoy.
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line pie pan with pie crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over the pie crust and then set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into the
prepared pie crust. Lightly sprinkle the top of the pie with additional chocolate chips and peanuts if desired.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 593Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugar: 58gProtein: 11g
More Of Our Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5 Layer Pie
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Apple Pie with Almonds
- Apple Rhubarb Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Brown Sugar Pie
- Boozy Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Boozy Strawberry Daiquiri Pie
- Caramel Apple Crumble Pie
- Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Derby Pie
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Mama’s Apple Pie
- Mini Chocolate Cherry Pies
- Oatmeal Pie
- Peach Pie
- Pecan Pie with Meringue
- Piña Colada Pie
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Tropical Cream Pie
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie