Yes, Christmas in our house is full of Peppermint Cookie recipes Christmas baking fun. We love baking recipes we've found over the last several years, recipes we've created, and recipes that have been handed down from Grandma.
And while we've drastically cut back on the number of Christmas cookie recipes that we bake each year--because we are so busy--there are some that the holidays just wouldn't be the same without.
The best Christmas cookie recipes have a history. They have a story behind them that makes them special to those who enjoy creating or devouring them. They have memories associated with them that are the basis for holding those Christmas cookie recipes close, cherishing them, and passing them down to the next generation.
These Peppermint Snowball Cookies are the best, and super easy to make. With ingredients you likely already have on hand (except for maybe peppermint extract), you can throw these cookies together in a hurry.
All you needs is butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, peppermint, pecans, a couple candy canes and powdered sugar. With our new twist, we are adding some milk chocolate morsels--because we almost never say no to chocolate.
We also added just a tad of Christmas red and green sprinkles to make the cookies even more festive. Let's get baking!
And if you love these snowball cookies, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups pecans ground up in food processor or blender
- 2-3 regular size candy canes crushed in pieces or processed in food processor
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Red and Green decorating sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream butter and sugar. Incorporate flour and then add next four ingredients.
- Form one-inch balls and then bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and coat in powdered sugar while still warm. Let cookies cool, and then coat them in powdered sugar a second time.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe glass bowl by microwaving for one minute, stirring and then microwaving in 30 second increments while stirring between each additional 30 seconds.
- Drizzle chocolate over Snow Ball Cookies and immediately sprinkle with decorating sprinkles. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden chocolate.