Summer Salads Start with this Mixed Berry Salad
When we think of summer and food, our minds often automatically go to salads (like this Mixed Berry Salad) and whatever we can slap on the grill. And while grilling out has a special place in my heart, a great salad can make a whole meal and is especially perfect on a hot summer day.
Our Mixed Berry Salad is refreshing and feels just a little bit indulgent while containing fresh ingredients that are easy to find at your local store.
Fresh seasonal berries and mint give this vibrant salad a refreshing burst of flavor. The addition of raspberries to the homemade vinaigrette lends some natural sweetness to this Whole30-compliant dish.
It isn’t hard to figure out why salads are so popular. They are full of good-for-you ingredients, amazing flavors and stunning colors. Eating fresh vegetables and berries has always been a favored way to stay healthy, and the combination of these ingredients and melding of flavors beats just about any other salad we’ve tried.
Tasty Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries washed
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed, stem removed, and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Add vinegar, raspberries, lemon juice, and olive oil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and taste. Adjust other flavors to achieve the desired balance. Set aside.
- Add lettuce, mint, strawberries, blackberries, and toasted almonds to a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette and serve immediately on chilled salad plates for a refreshing appetizer.