Thinking about adding a new pie to your baking list? Whether its for the holidays or just because, we all have our favorites–but that is no reason why you shouldn’t add another to the list.
Pie doesn’t have to be an old standard (like pumpkin–no matter how much we love it), it can be a bit different. Or, you can even mix things up a bit and go the absolute no bake route with one of our favorite no bake desserts: Banana Cream Dessert, Snickers Cheesecake Parfaits, and Cool Strawberry Whipped Dessert all make great choices.
Here are a couple tips to make sure you’re not stuck in the kitchen for hours cleaning up after dinner is over.
- Clean dishes as you go. Make sure the dishwasher is empty when you start and load it up throughout the day while you’re cooking. Run it and then empty it out again before dinner. Also keep a sink of soapy water and hand wash some of the dishes as you go.
- Put pantry staples and kitchen utensils away when you are finished using them. Clear the clutter.
- Keep the counters clean. Use a soapy washcloth to keep your counters and cutting boards clean between each use.
Ready to talk Five Layer Pie? We’re talking Pecan cookie crust, chocolate pudding, cheesecake, and pumpkin all topped off with whipped topping and sprinkles. The sweet flavors blend together so well in our Five Layer Pie, but if you’re into savoring your desserts, you can always eat it layer by sweet simple layer.
Five Layer Pie- Chocolate, Pumpkin and Cheesecake
Sandies Pecan Shortbread cookies, 13 ounce package, crushed 1/2 cup butter First Layer: 3.4 ounce chocolate cook n serve jello pudding 2 cups milk Second Layer: 16 ounces cream cheese, softened 2 eggs 2/3 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 3rd Layer: 14.5 ounce pumpkin puree 12 ounce evaporated milk 2 eggs 3/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ginger Topping: Cool Whip, 16 ounces Chocolate sprinkles 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sandies Pecan Shortbread cookies, 13 ounce package, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3.4 ounce chocolate cook n serve jello pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14.5 ounce pumpkin puree
- 12 ounce evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Cool Whip, 16 ounces
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 1/2 deep-dish pie plate with PAM cooking spray. (Alternatively, you could make 2 smaller pies- your layers will be thicker.)
- Crush Pecan Shortbread cookies into fine pieces. Melt butter and mix together with cookies. Press down onto bottom of pie dish.
- Prepare Cook n Serve chocolate pudding according either on stove top or microwave. To microwave, mix milk and pudding together and microwave for 6 minutes in 2 minute increments. Pour over cookie crust. Let firm up slightly while making the next layer.
- Soften cream cheese and mix together with 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla. Pour over the chocolate pudding layer. Let cheese cake layer firm up for a little while while preparing pumpkin pie layer.
- Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, sugar and spices until smooth. Pour over the top of cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 60 minutes until firm and remove from oven to cool. Once the pie is cool, add layer of Cool Whip and chocolate sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe - 2019/04/18
- Healthy Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple and Peppers - 2019/04/17
- Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze - 2019/04/07