Pico de Gallo Chicken Sandwich
Recipe Chicken Salad Sandwiches
One of my favorite summer flavors is cilantro. When I actually have a garden that grows successfully, it is full of cilantro, tomatoes and peppers. I absolutely love being able to go out to the garden and grab some Roma tomatoes and cilantro and then prepare a fresh pico sauce. The blend of tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lemon juice with a little bit of salt and pepper is pure perfection in my book. I normally pair it with some tortilla chips or add it to a burrito or impulsively made quesadilla.
This weekend I was craving a little taste of summer and decided to add some homemade pico sauce to a light chicken salad and create a Pico de Gallo Chicken Sandwich. I made extra pico and was able to serve my sandwiches with chips and additional pico sauce on the side. It turned out wonderfully!
To make pico de gallo sauce, simply combine 4 chopped Roma tomatoes, 1/2 chopped red onion, and 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, a dash of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir it all up until well blended. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a bit to let flavors blend.
- 4 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- splash of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup lite mayo
- 3/4 cup prepared pico sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients.
- Stir it all up until well blended. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a bit to let flavors blend.
- Chop up chicken and mix together with mayo and pico sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve on toasted bread.
More from All She Cooks
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail - 2016/12/03
- Festive Cranberry Margaritas - 2016/12/03
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted-Caramel Crunch Topping - 2016/11/30