When you bake this dark chocolate cookie recipe, you’ll know why they’ve earned the name The Best Dark Chocolate Cookies. They’re rich, fudgy, and gluten-free!
These are absolutely the best dark chocolate cookies out there.
The Best Dark Chocolate Cookies combine two of the best ingredients: dark chocolate and coconut oil. The best thing about these cookies (other than their rich, fudgy, and incredible flavor, of course) is the fact that they contain those two good-for-you ingredients.
We all have heard about dark chocolate health benefits. They include:
- Dark chocolate is loaded with valuable nutrients like copper, manganese, and iron.
- Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants.
- Dark chocolate may help improve brain function.
Dark chocolate is one of our favorite ingredients. In fact, you can find it in many of our sweet treat recipes, like Dark Chocolate Almond Truffles, Peppermint Bark, and Chocolate-Covered Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites. Yes. We’re pretty much in love with chocolate around these parts.
But what about the coconut oil health benefits? There are plenty of those too! They include:
- Coconut oil has been shown to kill bad microorganisms.
- Coconut oil reduces your hunger.
- Coconut oil contains various essential fatty acids.
The Best Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe combines those two healthy baking factors into one sweet dark chocolate cookie recipe that is a perfect addition to your cookie recipe list! This cookie recipe is perfect both for holidays and for anytime eating.
And why not? This recipe is so good!
How to Make Dark Chocolate Cookies Step by Step
These cookies are a breeze to make! Here is how to make this dark chocolate cookie recipe:
Step #1: Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
Step #2: Combine coconut oil and coconut in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until coconut is light golden brown. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Step #3: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, white sugar, coconut sugar, eggs, coconut milk, brown rice flour, and salt; stir until completely combined.
Step #4: Add coconut mixture, mix well.
Step #5: Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
Step #6: Press a chunk of dark chocolate onto each cookie.
Step #7: Bake until cookies are golden on the bottom, 10-14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
These Dark Chocolate Cookies are Gluten-Free
Even better, The Best Dark Chocolate Cookies are gluten-free! Thanks to using rice flour instead of wheat flour and plenty of coconut flakes, you won’t find a trace of gluten in these decadent dark chocolate cookies.
Why cook with coconut oil?
When you can make a chocolate cookie recipe from scratch and include low-cal butter substitutes like coconut oil, it easy to see how you could lose weight from cooking with coconut oil.
Where you would use something like butter with a higher calorie concentration — use coconut oil instead! Making healthier cooking oil choices makes a big difference with heart health and calorie count.
If you can’t find coconut oil in your local store, you can buy coconut oil online.
I hope you enjoy this amazing dark chocolate cookie recipe! It’s one of our household favorites.
- 1/4 cup Coco Joy Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp. Coco Joy Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 100g Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine Coco Joy Coconut Oil and coconut in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until coconut is light golden brown. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, white sugar, coconut sugar, eggs, Coco Joy Coconut Milk, brown rice flour, and salt; stir until completely combined.
- Add coconut mixture, mix well.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Press a chunk of chocolate onto each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are golden on the bottom, 10-14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.